Thursday, September 14, 2023

II Timothy 1:7; Proverbs 3:5-6 - "Way Maker"


The first song that came on when Doug turned on alexis was "Waymaker" which always blesses me in abundance. He has been my "Way maker, miracle worker, promise keeper, light in the darkness..." many times. God has been with me on the mountain top and in many valleys in life. I was thinking this morning when I woke about my annual mammogram coming up Monday. I tell myself I will not fear every time it comes this time of year yet I still become anxious. This morning the tears are ready to pour out. I get mad at myself for allowing the emotions to take over yet I know it is all part of being a human. This is my first one without my Momma to call. Firsts can be so difficult to get through. I prayed for my friend Robin this morning whose Momma left this earth. I prayed for her as she goes through firsts to feel God's empowerment. Seeing the memories on Facebook of Doc's service in South Carolina three years ago brought back a lot of emotions. God is so good to love on us no matter what we go through. He is there to give us direction on what to do and to love us through the emotions of both 'good' and 'hard' days. He is there to empower us through situations so we not only get through them but we glorify Him through them. Praise His Holy Name! This morning I am standing on II Timothy 1:7. Paul encouraged Timothy to stand in God's love and empowerment instead of allowing fear to take over in his life. Fear is an emotion we all deal with from time to time but we do not have to live there. When we stay in fear, the enemy has an open door. God needs to be our open door. The 'ifs' of life are just that. When we stand in the promise of Proverbs 3:5-6, He will direct us in all we do and say. We must be willing to walk in His will even when it may not make sense. We must be willing to allow Him to work in and through us even when it may feel uncomfortable. The more we live in His presence doing His will the more comfortable we will experience life. The more we experience life in this manner the more blessed we will know we are by Him. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with all Doug and I got accomplished! Thank You for Bible study last night with my church family! I pray Your empowerment over my friend Robin whose mother left this earth. May Your peace come down upon her in a mighty way. Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray for open doors for many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a husband/father separated from his wife; Mary Lilley; Brooklyn; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friends; David; Damon; Dave and Carol with his treatments; and Dan. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! I pray You will surround Susan and her family with people who will love on them with Your love during these tough days. Thank You for being My Open Door! Amen.  

No comments: