Monday, September 25, 2023

Psalm 41; Romans 8; John 20 = "Every Hour"

God took me to Psalm 41 this morning. I asked Him why He often takes me to the book of Psalm and He said, "Daughter, you can learn much about my love, mercy, and grace from David's writings. David was strong not only physically but spiritually." I pondered upon His words and thought about the life of David. He was known for His mental, emotional, and physical strength by stories such as standing up against Goliath. We picture him having strength as he grew up being a shepherd boy into a warrior. We read of his bravery through out the book of I Samuel. When I think of David, thoughts of bravery and faithfulness come to mind. He was an ordinary person who all can learn from. We see his sins committed such as with Bathsheba in II Samual 11. We also see the way God still loved him no matter what he did. God desires to pour out His love, mercy, and grace upon all. He desires to love us through times when we are struggling. In yesterday's sermon I talked about Doubting Thomas' words to Jesus in John 20:28. He called Him, ...my Lord, my God! Those are the words God wants to hear from all. David acknowledges God as His God in Psalm 140:6. He uses this phrase in Psalm 31:14 among others verses throughout his writing. Acknowledging God as his God showed David trusted God. It showed he loved Him even with all he had gone through with Him. Physical and emotional pain, sin, rejected and tormented by his enemies...the list goes on and on yet David still leaned into God. Paul wrote in the book of Romans about how to be victorious over such things as David went through. He wrote about how God works for our good in Romans 8:28-30. He wrote of how we, as believers, can be victorious over anything that comes our way in life in Romans 8:37. Romans 8:31b is one we all need to remember no matter what is happening in our life.  If God is for us, who can be against us? Sometimes life is overwhelming is both 'good' and 'bad' ways. Sometimes we may feel like the whole world is against us. Sometimes we may not know what to do or say. Thankfully, God is with us all of those 'sometimes' ready to love us through them. Yes there will be doubts from time to time. Yes there will be times we want to throw up our hands and quit but that is not what God desires of any of us. He desires us to lean into His strength and allow the Holy Spirit to empower us through every moment of every day. I am reminded of a song David Leonard sings called, "Every Hour" and blessed to know God is with me 24/7 as I live in His presence.

Every hour
Of every day
Oh, I need You Lord
And that will never change
And every moment
In every way
Oh, I need You Lord
And that will never change

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with my church family with Sunday School, Worship, and lunch! Thank You for the rest You provided for Doug and I and then our time out in the beauty of Your creation! Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your peace over the Daggett family with their loss. I also pray for strength for Mr. John and his family as they go through these difficult days. May all lean into Your strength. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Audrey; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friends; David; Damon; Dave and Carol with his treatments; and Dan. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Lord, be so close to Praise Assembly Church with the sudden death of their pastor. Thank You for being My Lord, My God! Amen.  

No comments: