Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Philippians 4:13 - "There Was Jesus"


Yesterday as I sat with the residents of Marion's facility and watched them enjoy the singing group I was sad my Momma missed out on such things. She would have had such enjoyable months instead of lonely ones for her last months if she would have gone sooner to the nursing home. But I know she lived as she wanted with keeping her house until the last possible time. I also know I can't make time go back. Many of the residents no longer have their memory but they were still singing out many of the lyrics to the songs. I am thankful God gave me that blessing in my day. I am grateful He knows what I need and provides. Even though there was sadness as I thought about my Momma there was also gladness in knowing she is singing her heart out in heaven beside my Daddy. I have such fond memories of Sunday afternoon drives when we all three would sing song after song. The one song had sadness in it yet it was one of my favorites because they would sing parts with it. I have never found the song anywhere but it is in my memories. It went something like...'Oh, I am sad and lonely since mother went away and I again shall meet her when dawn's another day. She waits (she waits) for me in heaven (up in heaven) 'til I on earth shall sadly roam. And I (yes I) again shall meet her (over yonder) when Jesus calls me home (sweetly home).' I am so thankful for the memories with my Daddy and Momma. I sat there yesterday thinking about if/when I lose my memory. Thankfully, most people who do don't even realize it. I'm so thankful both my Daddy and my Momma kept their memory for the most part. Momma was struggling with short-term memory when she left this earth but she could still carry on a conversation with little issues. I also am thankful for the last conversation they two of them had before he took his last breath on this earth. That was a gift God gave my Momma. They were there for each other for sixty-six plus years. They went through many deaths of family members including my sister being murdered and the loss of their parents. They made many memories over the years. God blessed them in abundance and continues to bless me as I miss them so much. He reminded me this morning to stand upon Philippians 4:13 in His strength. That means not only physical strength as I've leaned into this week with Monday feeling under the weather and then falling yesterday but also His mental, emotional, financial, relational and most importantly spiritual strength. Raining weather makes me emotional. I miss not being out in nature but am thankful for the breaks in rain when I can be out. It's ironic God has "There Was Jesus" going through my mind this morning. Dolly Parton was one of my Daddy's favorite singers and she sings this one with Zach Williams. This song speaks of how my Momma and Daddy lived with Jesus in their life. In their darkest days, they leaned upon Him. In their brightest days, they leaned upon Him. Their example of living with Jesus is one I strive to accomplish myself.

In the waiting, in the searching
In the healing, in the hurting
Like a blessing buried in the broken pieces
Every minute, every moment
Where I've been or where I'm going
Even when I didn't know it
Or couldn't see it
There was Jesus

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for the blessing of my Daddy and Momma who lived a great life and taught me so much on how to live for You! Thank You for Doug who takes care of me so well! Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your empowerment over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Audrey; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friends; David; Damon; Dave and Carol with his treatments; and Dan. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Lord, be so close to Praise Assembly Church with the sudden death of their pastor. Thank You for being My Empowerment! Amen.  

No comments: