Sunday, September 24, 2023

I Corinthians 12:12-13 - "If We Are The Body"


Before falling asleep last night and again this morning I prayed for pastors. I prayed specifically for those filling in as interim pastors. So many times there is hurt involved when a pastor leaves. I prayed for the interim pastors to love the congregations with God's love. When a pastor dies and leaves a spouse, the interim pastor not only can be instrumental in the grieving process with the congregation but also with the spouse. The most important thing to remember in such situations is to love with God's love as He directs. I prayed for pastors of children, teens, senior adults, and music who may not be in a pulpit this morning yet will have an impact of souls. I prayed for all of us preaching today to present what God desires. I prayed all would be open to the Holy Spirit's prompting if changes were to be made. My prayers also go out for pastor's spouses to be supportive. So many times the spouse is the one who receives little recognition for their part in a ministry but being the support person for the pastor is huge. I am thankful for Doug's support not only verbally as he encourages me but for all the 'little' jobs he does around the church I use to do. His support has enabled me to focus more on the people aspect of ministry. Emptying the trash, sweeping, etc. can be part of ministry and is much needed but when those tasks are relieved from the pastor it gives them more time for people. I am grateful for workers in the church who do the bulletin, take care of the finances, usher, do yard work, bring food for meals, etc. Without them the pastor would be in trouble. God brings together people in a church family with all sorts of gifts, talents, desires, etc. He brings them altogether to further His Kingdom. The church is not about us as a local church but rather about a body of believers put together to share God's love not only with one another but in their little world. I am so blessed to be the pastor of the Beaufort Church of the Nazarene and look forward to the days ahead where we will continue to 'Move Forward' as God has been teaching us over this last year. I am reminded this morning of the song, "If We Are The Body" and praying for not only my little church but all churches to get better at being the body of Christ.

But if we are the body
Why aren't his arms reaching?
Why aren't his hands healing?
Why aren't his words teaching?
And if we are the body
Why aren't his feet going?
Why is his love not showing them there is a way?
There is a way


Dear Jesus, Thank You for the wonderful day Doug and I had yesterday with going to the farmer's market, Dempsey Farms, the car show, dinner, and the downtown music at Port Royal! Thank You for the beautiful weather and friends we saw throughout the day! Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray not only for myself but all pastors to love with Your love today. I pray for those in services to feel that love. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Audrey; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friends; David; Damon; Dave and Carol with his treatments; and Dan. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Body Builder! Amen.  



No comments: