Sunday, September 10, 2023

Psalm 37:4 - "House of the Lord"

Another day of blessings. Woo hoo, God! I told Doug some days I feel like I need to pinch myself with the way God blesses us. Yesterday was a day filled with hugs from family and friends. We started the day with breakfast with Doug's sister Delilah and her husband Tony. When we left them, he got a haircut and then we shopped at P. Graham Dunn. I was blessed with memories of taking Momma there to shop a couple years ago. She loved picking up little gifts for reduced prices back in the seconds area. I love the pictures we took there together for me to look at to go back to my memory bank. The afternoon was spent driving to Attica to do a graveside service for Nadine and her family. It was a blessing to see kids who I had in children's ministries now grown up with babies of their own. It was also a blessing to minister to this family again even with the difficult circumstances.  I was thankful God provided another short visit with my sister Linda since I missed taking a picture Thursday when we had lunch. On the way home I had Doug drive past the parsonage where we lived for fifteen years. The tree in this picture was one of my favorite trees in the fall with it's changing colors. It has only begun to change but it's beauty brought back a lot of memories of walks with Mordecei. Last evening was spent with Doug's sister Jackie and her family. Little Braylen is such a sweetie and loves to snuggle on my lap. Once again, lots of hugs were received and my emotional tank was filled. God provides exactly what we need. He loves us so greatly and shows His love in so many ways. As I fell into bed last night exhausted I prayed for pastors who will be in the pulpit today. I prayed especially for Pastor Loretta who is filling the pulpit for me today. She is another blessing God has provided. I prayed for people who will be in services to not just take up a seat but to truly listen to what God has in store for them. Life is what we allow God to make it. When we choose Him, we choose a life that will be filled with blessings on 'good' days and on 'tough' days. We will experience more life than we could ever experience without Him in our life. Choosing God is the best thing we could ever do. I am praying this morning for decisions to be made in services to choose God. I am praying for there to be life in services with much praise raised up to God. I am reminded of the song "House of the Lord" and feeling encouraged...

There's joy in the house of the Lord
There's joy in the house of the Lord today
And we won't be quiet
We shout out Your praise
There's joy in the house of the Lord
Our God is surely in this place
And we won't be quiet
We shout out Your praise

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the privilege to minister to Nadine and her family yesterday! Thank You for the safe miles once again You provided in travel and for all the hugs You provided throughout the day for my emotional tank! Thank You for Doug and I getting to see our sisters Delilah, Linda, and Jackie along with other family and friends! Thank You for Pastor Loretta filling the pulpit for me today! I pray not only for her but for all pastors leading congregations today to be blessed in abundance. Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a husband/father separated from his wife; Mary Lilley; Brooklyn; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friends; David; Damon; Dave and Carol with his treatments; and Dan. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Emotional Tank Filler! Amen.  

No comments: