Saturday, September 2, 2023

Psalm 37:4; Jeremiah 29:11-13 - "Goodness of God"


Yesterday's morning walk was the best in so many ways. The weather was perfect with it being a little cooler yet still full sunshine. My body cooperated with a longer walk. The conversations Doug and I had encouraged me greatly. I loved the one time when he said, 'God just spoke to me!' Woo hoo! We talked about where we see ourselves in five and ten years. God has us thinking the same direction which blessed me in abundance. We day dreamed about some things that we both desire. I thought about Psalm 37:4 as we walked. It reads in the New International VersionTake delight in the Lordand he will give you the desires of your heart. I also had Jeremiah 29:11-13 come to my mind. It reads in the NIVFor I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." I love these promises God gives us in His Word. I love the way He encourages us through His Word. He is such a great God who loves us dearly and desires for us to love Him. He wants our commitment to live a life sold-out to Him. I was thinking yesterday as we walked back across the bridge about how I said 'no' to Him when He first called us to South Carolina. I am so thankful I did not stay in that answer but walked in obedience to Him. I am thankful for so many things in my life but the most important one is having God for my Heavenly Daddy. He takes care of me in so many ways. One is by bringing Doug into my life. He knew I needed someone to love me with His love. I am not the easiest person to love and am thankful Doug is persistent when I become difficult. He has so many attributes of my earthly Daddy and Doc. Those two men loved me well and he does the same. This morning I have the song "Goodness of God" going through my mind...

And all my life You have been faithful, ohh
And all my life You have been so, so good
With every breath that I am able
Oh, I will sing of the goodness of God, yeah

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for Doug who loves me so well! Thank You for the life You have given us together! Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your strength over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a husband/father separated from his wife; Mary Lilley; Brooklyn; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friends; David; Damon; Dave and Carol with his treatments; and Dan. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! I pray special blessings over Rachael with today being Pastor Bill's first birthday in heaven. Thank You for being My Heavenly Daddy! Amen. 

No comments: