Monday, September 11, 2023

Jeremiah 33:3 - "Weary Traveler"

It was so nice to be with my Willard church family yesterday. Doug kept saying, 'They love you so much!' Yes they do! Doing life for fifteen years with them was a blessing. We made lot of memories over those years. It was a privilege when Pastor James asked me to do the pastoral prayer. Lunch with friends after service was the icing on the cake. My emotional tank was full by the end of our time in Willard. Since we had a change in evening plans we stopped at the Wayne County Fair on the way home. It was my first time in probably twenty years to be there. We saw some friends, enjoyed walking through the barns and exhibits, and of course had to buy some Lerch's donuts! After leaving the fair we drove through Wooster for me to see the growth there and then onto Orrville where we saw this pretty picture a local artist did. Driving through the country to catch sunset made for a perfect day. I am one blessed lady. My husband loves me well and spoils me like crazy. Even when plans get changed he is so easy going and goes to plan B or C or... God continues to bless us in abundance with making new memories. We have so many shared memories from growing up but I love making new ones with him. God reminded me of the words He gave me in June 2022 at Family Camp. They were part of His promise of restoration to Jeremiah. These words were spoken to Jeremiah while he was still confined by the enemy. At the time God gave me these words I felt confined by the enemy in the sense of widowhood. It was only a few months earlier God told me He had a man for me and it was someone I already knew. Little did I know it would be a childhood school mate that would come into my life and 'knock my socks off' with loving me so deeply. Jeremiah was promised restoration through these words just as I was promised restoration. One of the songs I held close to my heart as I waited was "Weary Traveler"...

Weary traveller, restless soul
You were never meant to walk this road alone
It'll all be worth it so just hold on
Weary traveler, you won't be weary long

Dear Jesus, Thank You for a full day of blessings yesterday with breakfast with Melanie, getting to introduce Doug to Pastor James and my Willard family, lunch with Marlene and Carol, time at the fair, our drive through Wooster and Orrville, and seeing the sunset! You continue to bless us in abundance! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray blessings of peace over many going through 'tough' days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a husband/father separated from his wife; Mary Lilley; Brooklyn; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friends; David; Damon; Dave and Carol with his treatments; and Dan. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Restorer! Amen.  

No comments: