Friday, September 29, 2023

Matthew 6:33-34 - "First Things First"

I woke up to the song "First Things First" going through my mind. This song is about putting God first in our life. It is something I strive to do daily but I know there are times I disappoint Him. There are times when the schedule becomes too full and I lose focus. There are times when I try to please others instead of allowing Him to tell me what to do. There are times I do things on my own strength instead of allowing Him to be glorified through difficult situations. There are times. Yes, there are times I fall short yet He still loves me. It is all because of His love, mercy, and grace I am where I am today. It is only because of Jesus' death and resurrection any of us are where we are today. I am so blessed by my relationship with Him. He is not only my Heavenly Father but my Best Friend and Confidant. He knows the hurts of my heart and loves me through them. He encourages me when I feel like I just want to give up. I love the way He speaks to me and the way I often feel His arms wrapped around me. This morning as Doug held me and prayed over me I felt God's presence in such a mighty way. The day ahead is full with calling hours and funeral. I so enjoyed my times talking with Mr. Daggett from time to time. I am thankful we talked about God so I know he believed. I am thankful God brought him into my life to share His love. I am thankful for the way God will use me today to be a beacon of light with his family. I am thankful for the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual strength God will provide me throughout the day ahead. I am thankful for the nine hours of sleep He provided for me last night. I am thankful for these words that keep going through my mind...

First thing's first
I seek Your will
Not my own
Surrender all my wants to you
Keep the first thing first
To live Your truth
Walk Your ways
Set my eyes
Lord, I fix my face on you
All my desires reversed
To keep the first thing first

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for going before me and giving me physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual strength with the calling hours and funeral for Mr. Daggett! Thank You for Doug taking such good care of me! Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray I will keep Matthew 6:33-34 in my thoughts as I keep "First Things First" throughout the day. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Audrey; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friends; David; Damon; Dave and Carol with his treatments; and Dan. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Lord, be so close to Praise Assembly Church with the sudden death of their pastor. Thank You for being My Focus! Amen.  

No comments: