Tuesday, September 5, 2023

John 14:15-17; Exodus 33; 40 - "Every Hour"

Yesterday was another 'tough' day in life. It seems so hard to believe it has been three years since Doc left to be with Jesus yet at times it seems like yesterday he was here. His last days on this earth were the toughest days I have ever lived through. I am thankful for the strength God gave me to not only get through those days but to glorify Him through them. As I read back over my writing from those days I am amazed how God worked in and through the situation. I also am amazed at how God continues to be my strength. He is with me every moment of every day. Yesterday He was with me when I cried and Doug held me. He was with me when I got in the car and "It's Gonna Be OK" came on the radio. This was a song Paul shared with me in those first few weeks after Doc's death. He was with me this morning when He gave me "Every Hour" to ponder upon... 

Every hour
Of every day
Oh, I need you, Lord
And that will never change
Every moment
In every way
Oh, I need you, Lord
And that will never change, no, that will never change

I praise Him for being my God who loves me so much sometimes it hurts. Sometimes I feel like I need to pinch myself because I'm leaving a dream. When I was a little girl, I always wanted to go to the ocean and here I am living so near to it. I daydreamed of walking on a beach and picking up seashells. Now that is a common occurrence. I love to see sunrises and sunsets. They remind me God is with me at the beginning of each day and the end of each day. He is with me 24/7 as I allow Him. Living in His presence brings great joy and peace. When I feel like I am missing that, it is because I have allowed something into my life that separated me from Him. It is then I realize more than ever the need to repent and get back on track with Him. I was reminded this morning of the Israelites as they wandered in the wilderness. God was with them even in times they did not realize His presence. When I read in Exodus 33 of their story, I get such a cool word picture of God leading them with a pillar of fire in the night and a pillar of smoke in the daytime. I don't have a pillar of fire or smoke but I do have His direction. I love being in relationship with Him where I not only hear His voice but have the desire to walk in obedience to Him. In Exodus 33:16 we read God was pleased with the people and we read of His provision for them in Exodus 40. I desire to please Him every day. I also know He provides for me every day and I know He lives in and through me. I am thankful for Jesus' words in John 14:15-17 where He promises the Holy Spirit to all who will receive Him. The Israelites had God's presence that seemed to be off and on. When Jesus walked this earth, the people had Him in human form. We have the Holy Spirit with us constantly to help us live as God desires. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for not only getting me through yesterday but glorifying You through it! Thank You for Doug who supported me throughout the day! Thank You for Billy, Sierra, and the kids coming over for dinner and game night! Cleanse me so You can fill me so You will be seen/heard through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a husband/father separated from his wife; Mary Lilley; Brooklyn; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friends; David; Damon; Dave and Carol with his treatments; and Dan. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Presence! Amen. 

No comments: