Friday, September 8, 2023

Psalm 37:4 - "The Goodness"

What a full and blessed day we had yesterday! Flying to Ohio in the morning, lunch with my sister Linda and Junior, an afternoon walking in the gardens at Kingswood Center with Whit's frozen custard, and dinner with Ben, Emily and the kids including ice cream and a walk around Newark. It's no wonder my body is saying 'no!' to moving today. But I wouldn't trade it for anything. It is days like yesterday that remind me of the words of Psalm 37:4. God blesses me every day in more ways than I would ever imagine. God promised me a man to love me almost a year before Doug came into my life. When we walked into Dan and Pam's house last night, I was reminded of the morning of my Momma's funeral when I stood in their living room saying, 'I can't do this' and Doug telling me, 'Yes, you can!' He prayed over me that morning and God gave me the strength to not just get through the day but to have peace in the process. Yesterday God blessed us with many miles of travel in both the air and on the ground. He blessed us with a great time with my family and our friends who opened their home up to us once again. Blessings upon blessings upon blessings. Woo hoo! Sometimes when we are in a 'dark' time in life it is hard to see blessings. We talked the other night in Bible study about why people refuse God. One of the reasons given was bitterness in their heart over something they had gone through. As I reflect back on my life I see many things I could be bitter about but I chose to allow God to work in and through each of them. We all have a choice on how we will live. We just need to make the right choice which is God. I am reminded this morning of the words to "The Goodness"...

Ain't no doubt about You
Everywhere that I go
You keep showin' up
Lord, You make me wanna shout it, oh
You're the goodness in my life
And I'ma tell you my truth
They may come, they may go
You keep showin' up, sure do
Ain't no doubt about it
You are, You are the goodness in my life

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday You gave Doug and I with: safe travels; lunch with Linda and Junior; a walk at Kingswood Center; dinner with Ben, Emily and the kids followed by ice cream and a walk; and our friends Dan and Pam who have opened their home to us! Thank You for the day ahead! Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your strength over many going through difficult days. May they see blessings throughout their day. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a husband/father separated from his wife; Mary Lilley; Brooklyn; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friends; David; Damon; Dave and Carol with his treatments; and Dan. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Goodness! Amen.  

No comments: