Thursday, September 28, 2023

Psalm 7:17 - "Yes I Will"

God woke me with the song "Yes, I Will" going through my mind. We all have 'good' days and 'tough' days. We also all have a choice to make on how we get through every day of life. We can choose to lean into God's strength and allow Him to be glorified through all situations or not. We can choose to give God open doors or the enemy open ones in our life. We can choose to adhere to Scripture and live out His love or not. The choices we make will determine how our days go. Today is a new day. It is full with activities. The first thing I asked when I woke up was for God to keep my focus. I prayed for a cleansing in my soul so people will see/hear Him through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I asked Him to be glorified in all I do and say. I am choosing God today. I am choosing Him to be over me in every way possible. I desire to live with Him in a way that will not only glorify Him but will be pleasing to Him. This week had some strange things happen. I started off not feeling well Monday and took a fall Tuesday. Today is busy with preparation for a funeral tomorrow. When things aren't normal, it seems like I feel off. I become more emotional than usual. Last night I had a hard time falling asleep because I could not stop thinking. I believe the reason God woke me with this song is because I needed reminded to praise Him. 

Yes I will, lift You high in the lowest valley
Yes I will, bless Your name
Oh, yes I will, sing for joy when my heart is heavy
For all my days, oh yes I will

I will praise Him throughout this day because He deserves my praise. I will praise Him for the 'good' and the 'tough' things ahead. Praising God is something many share with us over and over in Scripture. When I think of Paul being imprisoned and yet praising God, I am ashamed of myself when I allow little things in life to stifle my praise. When I think of David and all he went through with his enemies in his lifetime, I am ashamed of myself for allowing people to steal my joy when I feel like people are against me. When I think of Moses being in the wilderness, I am ashamed of myself for not trusting God more to provide what I need every day. Yesterday as Billy was putting in the walk-in shower I thought about four years ago when Doc bought all the pieces to do it knowing he was too weak to accomplish the task. I argued with him the day he bought the tile because I knew he wasn't able to do it. He was determined yet it was another project he was never able to complete. But he started it and through Doug's perseverance in checking off the 'honey do' list it is being done. I praise God for providing the materials Doc purchased and the insight and means Doug brought into my life. I praise Him for all God does for me. I am standing this morning on the knowledge I need to get better at praising Him no matter what.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for another day of life! Thank You for our Bible study last night and then the walk Doug and I took afterward! Cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray many going through difficult days will find reasons to praise You today. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Audrey; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friends; David; Damon; Dave and Carol with his treatments; and Dan. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Lord, be so close to Praise Assembly Church with the sudden death of their pastor. Thank You for being My Praise Maker! Amen.  

No comments: