Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Romans 15:13 - "Jesus Does"


I love opportunities the Lord puts before me. Today I am doing something I have never done before. I am participating in a sock/shoe distribution at a local elementary school. The instructions were, Be prepared to wear gloves, wash feet, and love on the children. I have done all of these things in the past just not in this setting. I am so excited to have this opportunity. I have challenged my congregation through preaching to move out of their comfort zone to be the hands and feet of Jesus. I wouldn't say this is totally out of my comfort zone since I have participated in feet washing before but it is out of comfort zone in the sense I am doing it with people I do not know. I prayed and asked God to give me His words. I am not sure what I am 'allowed or not allowed' to say being in a school. I'm sure He will direct me in the process. As I think of washing children's feet in the past I picture the little smiles and giggles. I know when I had my feet washed I was honored by it and will always treasure the memory. I hope the children today will have an unforgettable experience. I like what the website says about the event. Samaritan’s Feet believes that a new pair of shoes and the act of foot-washing can provide a tangible foundation of hope and the opportunity for a better life, prompt children to focus in school and families not to worry, and protect feet to decrease the possibility of getting a foot-borne disease. Every sock/shoe distributed today will not only make an impact on the child receiving but also on the family of each child. What an awesome ministry! What a privilege to participate in it here in my town. I want to be the hands and feet of Jesus just as He has prompted me to preach about. I desire to 'move forward' in my walk with Him just as the sermons over the last eleven months have prompted me to do. I pray today's actions are taking me one step closer to fulfilling the desires of His heart. I not only want to be more like Jesus I want people to see/hear Him through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I am praying Romans 15:13 over myself today so all will see the fountain of hope...uncontainable joy and perfect peace through me. I pray,  ...the power of the Holy Spirit continually surround [my] life with his super-abundance until [I] radiate with hope! Yesterday I had a dear lady with her husband in the facility I visit Marion ask me if I were a pastor. I told her I was and she asked if we could talk. My heart goes out to her with what she is dealing with her husband. I am thankful she has him in the facility and that her son is coming to visit for two weeks. She is frazzled to say the least. I wish I could have had a chance to pray with her before I left but she had to be with her husband. I am glad we talked. Hopefully it helped in some small way. I also am glad she knows I am praying for them. There are so many hurting people in this world. I am so privileged when God gives me opportunity to love on them with His love. This morning the song "Jesus Does" is going through my mind and praising Him for all He does in our lives...

Who tells the sun to rise every morning
Colors the sky with the shades of His glory
Wakes us with mercy and love?
Jesus does
Who holds the orphan, comforts the widow
Cries for injustice, feels every sorrow
Carries the pain of His children?
Jesus Does

Dear Jesus, Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for my time with Sierra and MaryBeth yesterday morning and with Marion in the afternoon! Thank You for Doug working so hard taking care of our yard and the church yard! Thank You for the fun time we had playing pool before lunch yesterday! Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your empowerment over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a husband/father separated from his wife; Mary Lilley; Brooklyn; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friends; David; Damon; Dave and Carol with his treatments; and Dan. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Opportunity Maker! Amen. 

No comments: