Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Psalm 29 - "Praise You In This Storm"


God took me to Psalm 29 this morning. David's writing about praising God for everything is something I strive to do yet i know in my humanness I fall short. Yesterday as I read Psalm 19 David told us in verse one, The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Take any part of creation and put it under a microscope and you can see the complexity and enormity of it. You can see the intricacy and be overwhelmed by it. In my studies yesterday, I read about how creation is anything but silent. That statement made me think about how God uses His creation to speak to me. He uses His Word to speak to me and people to speak to me. David wrote in Psalm 29 of God's voice in all of creation. He spoke of the importance of praising and worshiping Him. I read Matthew Henry's thoughts on this Psalm and was a bit perplexed. His mind went a different direction than mine did. But one thing that aligned with my thinking was God's Word is more powerful than any storm in life. When we seek God's will through the storms of life, He is there to take care of us. 

If we have heard God's voice, and have fled for refuge to the hope set before us, let us remember that children need not fear their Father's voice, when he speaks in anger to his enemies. While those tremble who are without shelter, let those who abide in his appointed refuge bless him for their security, looking forward to the day of judgment without dismay, safe as Noah in the ark.

The last verse of Psalm 29 is of great encouragement to all who are in relationship with Him. Strength and peace are given to us by our Heavenly Father as we allow Him to be our storm calmer. I am reminded this morning of the song "Praise You In This Storm" as I pray for many going through storms in life...

And I'll praise you in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For you are who you are
No matter where I am
And every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise you in this storm

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the accomplishments Doug and I had yesterday and my visit with Marion! Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts! I pray for those going through storms in life to receive Your peace and strength as Psalm 29 promises so they can "Praise You In This Storm" as Casting Crowns sings. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friends; David; Damon; Dave and Carol with his treatments; and Dan. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Storm Calmer! Amen.  

No comments: