Friday, September 15, 2023

Isaiah 40:31 - "Anxious Heart"

When I took some kids to school this morning I heard the song "Anxious Heart" and thought how God is always timely. He knows what we need and provides. I shared last night with friends that I try not to fret over an upcoming mammogram but I am human. I stand upon Proverbs 3:5-6 and II Timothy 1:7 yet I am human. This song says where I feel like I am as I wait on Monday...

You are the light when my world goes dark
You hold me together when I'm torn apart
And when my thoughts have run way too far
You're the calm for my anxious heart

I feel like I'm falling apart yet I have the weekend to get through. I don't want to just get through it but want to enjoy tomorrow with Children's Missions Day and Sunday with church. The Lord took me to Isaiah 40:31 this morning. I pondered on it in different translations. In the Voice it reads that when we trust in the Eternal One we will regain our strength. There is also the promises of never being weary or tired. Here I sit feeling tired even after sleeping all night. Why? I believe it is because I am allowing the fear of the 'what ifs?' to have control over me. It is a dreary day outside which does not help yet I know the sun will shine at some point today and I know the Son is shining down on me at all time. I need to focus on the positives of life and not the 'what ifs?' I need to realize God already knows the outcome and has gone before me. I need to allow His love to pour down over me so I can experience His blessings. Matthew Henry penned these wise words, If we go forth in our own strength, we shall faint, and utterly fall; but having our hearts and our hopes in heaven, we shall be carried above all difficulties, and be enabled to lay hold of the prize of our high calling in Christ Jesus. I do not want to try to do anything on my own strength. Instead I will stand upon Philippians 4:13.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the 'detours' our bathroom project took which You will turn into blessings! Thank You for Doug and I's visit with Dave and Loretta! Thank You for going before me and keeping me focused on You over these next few days! Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a husband/father separated from his wife; Mary Lilley; Brooklyn; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friends; David; Damon; Dave and Carol with his treatments; and Dan. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! I pray You will surround Susan and her family with people who will love on them with Your love during these tough days. Thank You for being My Focus! Amen.  

No comments: