Saturday, September 16, 2023

John 14 - "Peace Be Still"


Life can be challenging. I don't know how people with a rigid personality survive when plans don'I go as you think they should. I have learned there is a reason for such changes. Instead of seeing changes as obstacles I see them as opportunities. There is no reason to get upset over things but instead look for something good in them and move on. We were faced with two changes in the bathroom project Thursday. Those changes made it possible for Doug to come with me to the cabin for an overnight trip for Children's Mission Day today. They also made it possible for us to do some exploring in downtown Aiken with dinner, window shopping, a trip to Hobby Lobby with a gift card given to me for my birthday where I bought gifts for others, and of course, ice cream. It was a fun evening after we got past the fact that the electric is messed up at the cabin. I am thankful for a husband that did not allow such things to ruin the evening but instead developed a plan on how we will move forward with the issue. Obstacles vs. opportunities. Had we not continued on with the evening plans we would not have had the opportunity to put a smile on a waitress' face when we asked how we could pray for her. Every day we have choices to make on whether we will accept what comes before us or fret. I heard on KLOVE yesterday morning when I was taking some kids to school that we have the choice to make on having faith in times of turmoil or allowing the enemy to put fear upon us. Once again it is easier said than done at times to make the right choice but we must remember God is always there for us to empower us to do what we need to do. He is always there to give us direction. Praise His Holy Name! He is also encouraging us to keep going when we want to quit. My earthly Daddy encouraged me all of my life to not quit when times get tough. He and my Momma lived out their faith every day which was not only an example to me but to all around them. When I think about their legacy, I desire to leave the same. I want to stand in my faith not only because I want to please God but because I want others to know such a life. I desire to allow God to work in and through me. It is then I will realize His will for my life in a greater depth. My faith will go deeper as I live in His presence. I am reminded of Jesus' words in John 14 where He promises the gift of the Holy Spirit to those who believe. That is the promise of His presence with us at all time. Verse twenty-seven speaks of peace in Christ. His peace is a gift I think we all take for granted at times. The enemy tries to tear it away from us but the deeper our faith the less the enemy will succeed. This morning I am reminded of the song "Peace Be Still"...

Peace be still
Say the word and I will
Set my feet upon the sea 
Till I'm dancing in the deep
Oh peace be still
You are here so it is well
Even when my eyes can't see 
I will trust the voice that speaks

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the way You took 'obstacles' and turned them into 'opportunities' for Doug and I yesterday! Thank You for all of the ways You bless us! I pray for our waitress who recently lost her grandmother to feel Your peace! Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray for Children's Missions Day to be a life-changing experience for all. I pray Your peace over Pastors Libby and Cait when things become hectic. I also pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a husband/father separated from his wife; Mary Lilley; Brooklyn; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friends; David; Damon; Dave and Carol with his treatments; and Dan. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! I pray You will surround Susan and her family with people who will love on them with Your love during these tough days. Thank You for being My Peace as I await Monday! Amen.  

No comments: