Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Lamentations 3:22-23 - "He Knows My Name"

Today I am grateful for another 'first' to be behind me. When I emotionally fell apart last night, I realized it was the first time since Doc died that I was putting up Christmas decorations with no distractions. I sat and watched friends do the decorating in 2020 due to having my arm in a contraption from my fall. The day I decorated in 2021 was the day Rickey went to the hospital with COVID so I was functioning but not thinking. Last night there were no distractions and the tears fell. I went through many emotions as the memories came flooding back. Sadness for not being able to make new memories. Anger for grand babies who will not have their papas here to see them grow up, graduate, get married, and have babies. I became mad at myself for being so emotional. I kept telling myself I should bask in the good memories I have so joy would fill me. At one point I asked for prayer on Facebook and sent out a couple texts asking some friends for prayer too. When I finally started getting settled down, my Momma called me 'by mistake' but I know it was not a mistake. We talked and cried together. God knew I needed that. He knows exactly what I need and provides. I am so thankful for my relationship with Him. The song "He Knows My Name" is on my mind this morning...

He knows my name
He knows my every thought
He sees each tear that falls
And He hears me when I call

Yes! I am so grateful for this knowledge. I am grateful for the way He uses people to encourage me. Knowing people were praying for me last night empowered me. Every so often I would sit down and read the responses or the texts people sent to me and was encouraged greatly. Even though there are many negatives with social media a cool part about it showed through last night when I asked for prayer. People didn't know the particulars yet they were willing to pray. Praise His Holy Name! I am so grateful for the knowledge I have a support system that is only a click or call away due to today's technology. Last night when my Momma and I were hanging up I said I didn't know if the tree would get finished or not. I wasn't sure I had the strength to complete it but if it didn't it would be ok because tomorrow was another day. Her response was 'if tomorrow is not seen on this earth you won't have to complete it anyhow.' My Momma has great wisdom. I am reminded this morning of the verse in Lamentations that tells us 'His mercies are new every morning.' I took this picture when I was walking in the woods Monday morning. It made me think about how God shines down on us at all time. He sees everything we do, hears everything we say, and knows everything we think  yet He still loves us. I am grateful for this knowledge.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for another 'first' being behind me! Thank You for those who support me through 'tough' times! Thank You for my time with my friend Jill yesterday! May You continue to guide her through widowhood. I pray continued prayers for my friend Billy and many other friends who have lost their spouse. May we all receive Your peace as we adjust. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. I pray Your peace over many going through 'tough' days. My Momma, my sisters Linda with the death of a sister-in-law, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Jack; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; my friend with pancreatic cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; and a young lady awaiting cancer testing. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam, Baby Henry, Kaye, and Darryle and his family. I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. I pray for Melinda and Todd with all they are going through. Lord, once again I pray today will be the day the MS tingling dissipates. Thank You for being My Everything! Amen.

No comments: