Sunday, November 6, 2022

Matthew 19:26 - "In Jesus Name"

I am grateful for Sundays. I love gathering with my church family to worship and do life together. I love the traditions we have since the move to South Carolina with doing holiday meals together. Most recently we started having lunch together at the church instead of going out to a restaurant.  What a blessing such times are in my life. Yesterday's ladies craft day was a blessing as I looked around and saw people getting to know each other and have fun. Fellowship is key in a church body. Being a pastor is challenging at times yet so rewarding too. Being so far from biological family is hard yet my church family helps me through it. My church family are there for me at all time. They love on me well and for that I am grateful. Tomorrow night is my first formal review as their pastor. When I took over after Doc's death two years ago, I was apprehensive in many areas. The main one was with the building. I knew some about construction but felt inadequate to get us into the building. I knew nothing about building permits, inspections, etc. yet learned quickly. What I did know how to do was to love on people with Jesus' love and I strived to do that the best I could. I know how to pray and many nights were sleepless over the last two years in doing so. I know how to listen to God for His direction and continue to strive to do so in all areas of my life. One of the songs we are singing this morning is "In Jesus Name" which blesses me in abundance. I am one blessed lady with people bringing their prayer requests to me. Sometimes it becomes overwhelming with the intensity of requests that come before me but I know God is listening and that helps.

I pray for your healing, that circumstances would change
I pray that the fear inside would flee in Jesus name
I pray that a breakthrough would happen today
I pray miracles over your life in Jesus name
In Jesus name

Today as we gather as a church family we will pray corporately but I pray people also have a prayer life throughout the week. I pray they are in relationship with God where they know He not only hears their prayers but is ready to answer them. When we pray for something in God's will, He will provide it. The timing may not be as we desire but He will answer our prayers. A perfect example is with Baby Henry. His heart surgery was postponed so many times yet when it finally happened it was successful. There are times when we ask 'why?' and sometimes God answers our question and other times not. What we must remember is to allow God to be Who He desires to be in our life so we can live as He desires of us.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for a great day yesterday that started with a great walk/talk with Steven and continued with a fun time with the ladies! Thank You for all the ways You bless me including my church family who love on me so well! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You shine brightly through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a mighty way. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Cyndi; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; my friend with pancreatic cancer; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Becky, and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Donna and Pastor Tommy and Pam. I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. I continue to pray for healing for Baby Henry and Darryle and strength for their families. I pray for emotional healing for a couple I was asked to pray for last night who are contemplating getting divorced. Thank You for being My Jesus! Amen.

No comments: