Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Proverbs 3:5-6 - "Into The Sea (It's Gonna Be OK)"

Today I am grateful for the way many of our church have embraced the "Moving Forward" sermon series. I have heard stories of people sharing Jesus' love with ones they do not know. I also know there have been relationships strengthened within our church body as we "Move Forward" in the way God leads us. This last week's sermon was about "Moving Forward in God's Blessings." David tells us in Psalm 37 we need to truly trust God, do good for Him, and delight in Him so we can enjoy the blessings He has for us. David's life was full of times he trusted God. Many times people were out to hurt or kill him yet he trusted God. Trust is key in our relationship with Him. When life doesn't make sense, we need to trust Him. When life hurts, we need to trust Him. When life is going well, we need to trust Him. In other words, we need to trust Him at all time. We may not understand the 'why's' of life but He knows all and we need to be ok with that. This week has been one of a lot of both good and tough memories. Forty-two years ago this week I was waiting on the birth of my first born. He was standing up and not turning so it was this week it was determined I would have a c-section after Thanksgiving. Those were frightening days for a first-time Momma. The result was holding Paul in my arms for the first time and being very blessed. One of the early years after being diagnosed with MS I had an exasperation and had IV treatments the week of Thanksgiving. I was bummed to not make Thanksgiving dinner and do all the 'normal' things that surround the holiday. I am grateful for my sister Linda who came to our home and made dinner for us. Fast forward to 2020 and it was my first Thanksgiving since Doc's death. My plans to travel to Texas to be with Paul, Lizzy, and Bella were changed when I fell and had surgery on my arm along with broken ribs. What a disappointment! I am so grateful for Carrington's who took me into their home when I wasn't allowed to be home alone, Elizabeth who made me Thanksgiving dinner, and Sherry who came to be with me for a few weeks. God blessed me in my disappointment. 2021 Thanksgiving week was spent in much prayer for my Rickey who had COVID. Our plans for him to come down for our first Thanksgiving together were cut short and once again it was another disappointment. I trusted God to see me through it and He did. My prayers were not answered as I desired but I am thankful for the knowledge when Rickey left this earth he was ready to be with Jesus. The other day I was looking for my notes about last December activities at the church and could not find something. Unfortunately, many times when going through emotional things life becomes a blur. We do not function normally but we must always remember to trust God no matter what happens in life. I am reminded this morning of one of my favorite Scripture, Proverbs 3:5-6 and grateful. This picture reminds me there will be more sunrises in life to enjoy as I trust Him and live as He desires of me. Right after Doc died Paul sent me a song to listen to called "Into The Sea (It's Gonna Be OK)" that I am reminded of this morning. I am praying for so many who need to realize everything will be OK. It may not be as we think we want it to be but it will be what God knows is best for us. All we have to do is trust Him.

Though the mountains may be moved into the sea
Though the ground beneath might crumble and give way
I can hear my Father singing over me
"It's gonna be OK, it's gonna be OK"

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with delivering Thanksgiving food to two families in our community! Thank You for the way our church family is embracing "Moving Forward" to be who You desire us to be! Thank You for Clay who is taking Mr. Jack for his procedure today! Thank You for whatever lies ahead today! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You instead of me through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray for many going through 'tough' days to realize "It's Gonna Be OK" as this song tells us. My Momma; my sisters Linda with the death of a sister-in-law, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Jack; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; Cyndi; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; my friend with pancreatic cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele who starts treatment this week for breast cancer; and a young lady awaiting cancer testing. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam, Baby Henry, Kaye, Darryle and his family, Pastor Jason and Pastor Mike. I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. Lord, once again I pray today will be the day the MS tingling dissipates. Thank You for being My 'OK' Maker! Amen.

No comments: