Thursday, November 17, 2022

Psalm 15 - "When We Fall Apart"

Today I am grateful for daylight and nighttime. I am grateful for the time change that makes it be lighter a little earlier for my morning walks. I also am grateful for the way God calmed my fears over being alone in the car after dark many years ago. It was at the time we lived on Tannerville Road in the early eighties that I was fearful. There had been a little girl who lived in Marshallville that was taken and killed. When I would be out after dark, my mind would wonder about a van stopping me just to kill me too. I guess the imagination of a young wife/mother can go anywhere. There were many nights I drove home after having a Tupperware party very afraid. I was reminded of this last night as I drove home in the dark. It does not phase me now. In fact, it is pretty much a daily occurrence. Praise God for the way He delivers us from such things. There have been times when I'm walking in the mornings at the waterfront where I become uncomfortable with someone new. I am grateful God puts people in my path that make me feel safe. I also am grateful today for the church building that I will walk in later today. I had trouble falling asleep last night so slept in until 6:30. When I saw it was only forty-four degrees outside, I chose to walk inside today. Burrrrrr! I also am grateful for a webinar I watched yesterday that was not what I expected. It did not line up with the title but it was no 'mistake' I was to watch it. There were things in it that enhanced our Bible study last night. God also gave me material for the sermon that He is crafting for in two weeks. I love the way He works! This morning He took me to Psalm 15 to remind me of what it takes to live with Him for eternity. David wrote of how a person who desires to live with Him forever is passionate and wholehearted...sincere...always speaks the truth...trustworthy...are a good friend...live out their commitments. The results of such living is found in verse five. Those who do these things will never be shaken; they will stand firm forever. Woo hoo! The word forever is a powerful word. There is no ending in forever. Yesterday as I once again dealt with 'junk' with the estate God reminded me He is with me. When I fell apart and the tears came, He consoled me through my Momma talking with me over the phone. When I needed someone compassionate, He provided a lady by the name of Priscilla at BMH that spoke words of encouragement over me. I am so grateful for His love, mercy, and grace to see me through such times. I am grateful for the knowledge He knows every tear that falls and is there to love me through them. This morning I am reminded of a song Ryan Stevenson sings called "When We Fall Apart." I have not always been able to hear or sing this song without falling apart but praise God I am stronger today than I have been in the past. Woo hoo!

It's ok to cry
It's ok to fall apart
You don't have to try
To be strong when you are not
And it may take sometime to make sense of all your thoughts
But don't ever fight your tears
'Cause there is freedom in every drop
Sometimes the only way to heal a broken heart is when we fall apart

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace that not only get me through each day but empowers me to glorify You through them! Thank You for my Momma listening and encouraging me yesterday along with the encouragement I received from Priscilla at BMH! Thank You for another day of life ahead! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You shine brightly through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. I pray Your peace over many going through 'tough' days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; Cyndi; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; my friend with pancreatic cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; and a young lady awaiting cancer testing. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam, Betty, and Baby Henry. I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. I continue to pray for healing and strength for Darryle and his family. I pray for emotional healing for a couple contemplating divorce. I pray for those involved in the accident I came upon yesterday. Lord, once again I pray today will be the day the MS tingling dissipates. Thank You for being My Forever! Amen.

No comments: