Sunday, November 13, 2022

Psalm 118:24 - "Keep Me In The Moment"

Today I am thankful for the blessings of yesterday. God watched over me to travel to Charleston for a gathering of pastors that blessed me in abundance. Fellowship with other pastors fills my soul. The conversation and food were fabulous! Afterward He blessed me with a birthday gift I was going to buy being on sale along with some great prices on groceries at Aldi. I do not like to travel alone but He reminded me He was right there with me. After returning home He blessed me with celebrating one of my little guys birthday. Getting hugs from little Nick is always a blessing but last night when he opened his present the hug I received was awesome. As I fell asleep last night I had a smile on my face. God is so, so good. He loves me in abundance and for that I am grateful. The day ahead is one I always look forward to with gathering with my church family. There are several going to be out today due to illness so we will be few but I cannot allow that to disappoint me. God will encourage my spirit and for that I am grateful. He will keep my focus on the positives of life and not allow the enemy to get to me through the negatives. The day ahead is a gift. It is up to me on how I unwrap it. I can choose to live as it is my last day on earth or not. I pray all I do pleases and glorifies God. Nothing that happens today will be a surprise to Him. That knowledge enables me to get through each and every day. A song Jeremy Camp sings called "Keep Me In The Moment" is on my mind this morning...

Singing, oh Lord keep me in the moment
Help me live with my eyes wide open
'Cause I don't wanna miss what You have for me (What You have for me)
Singing, oh Lord show me what matters

Yes! The way I can live in this manner is by rejoicing through each and every day no matter what comes before me. Woo hoo! 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for Pastors Bill and Isa opening their home for a great time of food and fellowship and for the safe travels! Thank You for the celebration with Nick's birthday! Thank You for another day of life ahead! I pray for all pastors, including myself, to preach what You have given us today. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You be seen/heard through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts in a mighty way today. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; Cyndi; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; my friend with pancreatic cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; and a young lady awaiting cancer testing. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam, Betty, and Baby Henry. I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. I continue to pray for healing and strength for Darryle and his family. I pray for emotional healing for a couple contemplating getting divorced. Lord, once again I pray today will be the day the MS tingling dissipates. Thank You for being My Day Ahead! Amen.

No comments: