Saturday, November 12, 2022

Colossians 3:12-15 - "Healing Hand of God"

Today I am thankful for a change of attitude. I had a situation yesterday that a few years ago I would have been very angry over. It was one that I would have been crabby over for a long time. My first reaction was to be mad but it didn't last long. I am grateful God has showed me things I have no control over are just that. When something happens, it happens. I do not need to fret over the reason why it happened or blame someone for such things. Instead I need to go on with life. It does not do anyone, including myself, any good to get upset over things out of my control. This morning I am reminded of Paul's words in Colossians 3:12-15. It reads in the New International VersionTherefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Yes! When we 'wear' the attributes of God, we will be blessed with His peace no matter what happens in life. We also need to adhere to Paul's last words in this Scripture and be thankful. We need to be thankful when life goes as we desire and we need to be thankful when it does not. Everything that happens in life is an opportunity for growth in our spiritual walk. Our faith can and will go deeper when we walk in obedience to God's will. His desire is for us to live in His peace no matter what. I am reminded of a song Jeremy Camp sings called "Healing Hand of God"...

I have seen
The healing hand of God
Reaching out and mending broken hearts
Taste and see the fullness of His peace
And hold on to what's being held out
The healing hand of God

Yes! He wants to heal us of things that may seem so small yet impact our lives greatly such as a bad attitude when life doesn't go as we desire. He wants us to think before we speak and be loving to all. He wants us to forgive as He forgives us with an unconditional love. cDear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for going before me as I drive to Charleston! I pray not only for safety on the roads but also Your companionship to be strong as I am alone. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You shine brightly through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your peace over many going through 'tough' days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; Cyndi; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; my friend with pancreatic cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; and a young lady awaiting cancer testing. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam, Betty, and Baby Henry. I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. I continue to pray for healing and strength for Darryle and his family. I pray for emotional healing for a couple contemplating getting divorced. Lord, once again I pray today will be the day the MS tingling dissipates. Thank You for being My Peace! Amen.

No comments: