Thursday, November 10, 2022

Psalm 113:1-3 - "Good Morning Mercy"


Today I am thankful for the gift of sight. Yesterday as I finished the last Samaritan Purse shoeboxes I thought about how many children will open shoeboxes and see all the gifts packed for them. I also thought about those children who are blind and can't see their gifts. They will touch them and have people tell them what is in their boxes but will never be able to see the items. Years ago I went through a couple weeks with the MS without sight, it was scary wondering if it would return. Every time MS flares up it usually takes something permanently with it. Things are not normally ever the same. Thankfully my sight was returned in its fullness and for that I am grateful. Last night tt was so cloudy it did not appear there would be a sunset to see yet for a few minutes it did show through. It was not as spectacular as some but it reminded me God blesses me in abundance. I need to get better at praising Him for all things. I need to praise Him when things turn out as I think they will and when they do not. I need to praise Him for 'little' gifts such as a couple minutes of the sunset and for 'big' gifts when the sunset is spectacular. I need to praise Him when storms are headed our way and then take a turn. Oh how I pray for all in the path of Hurricane Nicole to find a safe place to be. I pray for those in Florida who are still cleaning up from Hurricane Ian to lean into God's strength to not just get through these tough days but to find reasons to praise God in the process. I need to praise God as we wait on what path of the storm will take. I praise Him for my neighbor Chris who is always ready to answer my questions and calm my spirit in times like this. I praise Him for the safety He will provide as I travel in the rain to see Marion today. I pray for those who have or will be effected by hurricanes this season but I also praise Him for a second year of not having to evacuate. I praise Him for protection if the tornadoes occur today as predicted. I praise Him for another day of life ahead. Jason Crabb sings a song called "Good Morning Mercy" that reminds me how grateful I am for God's love, grace, and mercy.

Good morning, mercy
You call me worthy
Feels like the sun shining on my face
Living's good this side of grace
I feel it working
Goodbye to the hurting
You woke me up, put me on my way
Hallelujah, it's a brand new day
Good morning, mercy

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for another day of life with Your love, grace, and mercy! Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for safety on the roads as I travel to see Marion! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You instead of me. I pray Your love, grace, and mercy over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Cyndi; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; my friend with pancreatic cancer; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Becky, and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam, Betty, and Baby Henry. I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. I continue to pray for healing and strength for Darryle and his family. I pray for emotional healing for a couple contemplating getting divorced. Lord, may today be the day when the MS tingling dissipates. Thank You for being My Love, Grace & Mercy! Amen.

No comments: