Friday, November 18, 2022

Philippians 2:20-22; I Timothy 6:12 - "Goodness of God"

Today I am thankful for my 'partner in crime' Cait. Staff meetings are so much fun with her but yesterday the tears were falling with so much laughter. I appreciate her willingness to serve in the church and her love for people. When I look at our relationship, I am reminded of Doc and James' relationship. They played hard together as they served alongside one another. Cait and I do the same. I am privileged to have her call me her pastor and surrogate Momma. Having Landon and Annabelle call me pastor/Grandma is another perk in our relationship. God continually blesses me through Cait, Alex, and the kids. I know I would not be where I am today in ministry without them and for that I am grateful. Cait makes ministry easier by helping to plan and execute events. Last year when I was called to Ohio for Rickey's last moments on this earth I had nothing to worry about. I knew she had the Christmas program under control. In times of ministry where we both are exhausted I know she is with me until the very end. I love how God uses our gifts together to further His Kingdom. Yesterday was a perfect example when we were able to rearrange some things on the calendar because God had given me sermons for two of the four weeks of Advent which left flexibility with what He gave Cait. I am thankful God gave me the privilege to be Cait's mentor. As her mentor I have a great responsibility to equip her to do ministerial tasks successfully in the place God has placed us. Paul's words in Philippians 2:20-22 describe our relationship. I have no one else like him, who will show genuine concern for your welfare. For everyone looks out for their own interests, not those of Jesus Christ. But you know that Timothy has proved himself, because as a son with his father he has served with me in the work of the gospel. Paul described his relationship with Timothy as that of father-son. This showed the treasure Paul had in his relationship with Timothy. He was thankful for Timothy just as I am thankful for Cait. I am thankful for her encouragement when life gets tough and for her servant heart which blesses me in abundance. I am thankful for times of laughter we seem to have often. I am thankful for the way God is the center of our relationship and works to further His Kingdom through our combined efforts. God knew I needed a partner in ministry after Doc died and He did well in bringing Cait to me. He takes care of me every moment of every day. I am reminded of the song "Goodness of God" this morning...

Cause all my life You have been faithful
And all my life You have been so, so good
With every breath that I am able
Oh, I will sing of the goodness of God

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings You give me through Cait! Thank You for the way You work in and through us as a ministerial team to further Your Kingdom! Thank You for giving us both what we need every day with our physical issues! Cleanse me so You can fill me so I can be who You have called me to be. May I shine brightly for You today. I pray blessings upon many going through 'tough' days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; Cyndi; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; my friend with pancreatic cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; and a young lady awaiting cancer testing. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam, Betty, Baby Henry, and Kaye. I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. I continue to pray for healing and strength for Darryle and his family. I pray for emotional healing for a couple contemplating divorce. Lord, once again I pray today will be the day the MS tingling dissipates. Thank You for being My Goodness! Amen.

No comments: