Sunday, November 27, 2022

Jeremiah 29:11-14 - "Advent Hymn"

Today I am thankful for new memories made. I was mesmerized at the James Island Christmas light display. There was so much to see that at times it was overwhelming. This was something I have wanted to do ever since moving here but never had the opportunity. I am thankful for Andy who made it happen. I have never been to anything like it before. Christmas has always been my favorite time of the year. When I was little, I have memories of going with my Daddy to cut down the Christmas tree at Caskey's. At that time we lived in the farm house so the tree was so big. After the boys came along Christmas Eve was spent driving around looking at lights. Last night as I looked around and saw all the little ones looking at lights I thought about how magical the place must make them feel. Seeing little ones laughing and playing brought joy to my heart. I prayed for the families there knowing there had to be some in turmoil. I am sure there were some who were making the best of their 'last' Christmas together whether it was because of an illness or an impending break-up. Holidays are tough in normal circumstances but when you throw those things into the mix they can become unbearable. I am thankful for the hope Jesus gives every day. I am thankful for the ways He loves on me and takes care of my physical, mental, emotional, financial, and most of all spiritual needs. I am thankful for today being the first Sunday of Advent to remind us that He is the Hope of the world as we allow Him. Once again I am reminded of the words of Jeremiah 29:11-14 and feeling very blessed. As we passed the lights of Noah and the animals I thought about the faith he had when God told him to build an ark for the upcoming rain. It did not make sense yet he was obedient. Sometimes what God tells us to do does not make sense but when we walk in obedience to His will we realize great blessings. The 'whys?' in life can become overwhelming if we allow the enemy to tear us apart but God gives us peace when we walk in His love. My thoughts are on the "Advent Hymn" this morning that remind me to wait in Hope for Jesus.

So here I wait in hope of You
Oh my soul's longing through and through
Dayspring from on high be near
And daystar in my heart appear

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the wonderful evening of seeing the Christmas light display at James Island and for Andy who made it happen! Thank You for the reminder of Jeremiah 29:11-14 of Your plans for my future filled with hope. Woo hoo! Thank You for the day ahead with gathering with my church family to worship You! I prayed last night, during the night, and again this morning for not only myself but for all pastors preaching today to speak what You desire. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May Your love and peace shine brightly through me. Once again I pray Your peace over many going through days of questioning 'why?' they are in the circumstances they find themselves. My Momma; my sisters Linda with the death of a sister-in-law, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Jack; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; my friend with pancreatic cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; and a young lady awaiting cancer testing. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam, Baby Henry, Kaye, Darryle and his family, Pastor Jason and Pastor Mike. I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. Lord, once again I pray today will be the day the MS tingling dissipates. Thank You for being My Hope Maker! Amen.

No comments: