Monday, November 21, 2022

Proverbs 22:6 - "Big House"

Today I am grateful for memories. I was sharing yesterday about my Daddy and the memories came flooding back. When I was a little girl, I thought the best day possible was a day with getting my hands dirty working outside with my Daddy. Kids today would never understand that statement. My Daddy was the best Daddy who loved me with Jesus' love. Unconditionally. He was not the best one to discipline me but he did at times. He listened to me even when he did not agree with what I said. He was my biggest cheerleader in life and encouraged me greatly. Many days after being diagnosed with MS he would tell me 'Now Sheila Babe, you have to get out of bed and move. If you don't, the MS will take over and I did not raise you to be a quitter.' He called me every morning his last few years of life to check on me. Oh how I miss those calls. When we told my Momma we were moving to South Carolina, her response was not what I expected. She said my Daddy had told her years ago to be prepared for God to move us away. That meant so much to me. First of all, my Daddy's relationship with God was one that was genuine for him to hear from the Lord. Secondly, my Heavenly Father paved the way for the move many years before it even happened. Woo hoo, God! Yesterday afternoon my Momma talked about how much my Daddy has been on her mind these last few days and I realized he has also been on mine more than normal. Maybe it's because the holidays are approaching. Who knows. I am so grateful for the way God sees us through such days with our memory banks. This picture of my Daddy and I was taken when I was a teenager. It is one I will always treasure. I am so thankful for the love of my earthly Daddy and my Heavenly Daddy. I know there are many who do not have such memories. I pray they will allow God to heal the hurts of their heart. I am grateful to be raised in a home where God was top priority but once again I know that is not everyone's life. I also know I did/do not always do what God desires but am grateful for His love, mercy, and grace. I am grateful for second chances. I am reminded this morning of a song from years ago called "Big House" and feeling very blessed...

It's a big big house
With lots and lots a room
A big big table
With lots and lots of food
A big big yard
Where we can play football
A big big house
Its my Father's house

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for the memories of my earthly Daddy that enable me to get through 'tough' days! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You so You will ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray peace over many going through difficult days. I pray for a wife that contacted me last night asking for prayer for her and her husband. May they realize Your love and allow You to be the Center of their family. I pray for a couple contemplating divorce to do the same. I pray peace over many going through 'tough' days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Jack; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; Cyndi; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; my friend with pancreatic cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; and a young lady awaiting cancer testing. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam, Baby Henry, and Kaye. I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. I continue to pray for healing and strength for Darryle and his family and for Pastor Jason and Pastor Mike who both had emergency appendectomy's. Lord, once again I pray today will be the day the MS tingling dissipates. Thank You for being My Memory Bank Provider! Amen.

No comments: