Friday, November 25, 2022

Deuteronomy 31:8 - "Thanks Giver"

Today I am thankful for yesterday. It was full of blessings from start to finish for a great Thanksgiving Day. Gathering with my church family for a meal and fellowship warmed my heart. Finishing the day around a fire making pizzas in the pie irons and eating fresh fish was the icing on the cake. God is so good to me in giving me such times that made for some great memories in my memory bank. He blessed me yesterday morning when I realized I forgot to take my mixer with me to the church to mash the potatoes. I decided instead of going back home I would go buy one so there would be one there for future use. When I picked up the last one on the shelf, I noticed it was $15. When it rang up, it was $5! I questioned the price and the cashier said it was on sale. Woo hoo, God! I am thankful for my sister Mary and niece Colleen who made Thanksgiving dinner for my Momma. I am thankful for my sister Linda and her family who are going to be with her today. I read posts on Facebook yesterday about so many having a difficult day with the holiday due to loneliness or a difference in their present circumstances. My heart breaks for all and I pray they will find God's peace in the midst of the 'tough' days. Today is a new day. For many it is a day of shopping Black Friday sales. Some will be decorating for Christmas today now that Thanksgiving is over. Some will have family gatherings and have a household of people. But there are also those who are lonely. One can be surrounded by people yet still feel lonely. During such times we need to hold onto the promises God's Word gives us. I am praying Deuteronomy 31:8 over all who are struggling with life. I pray they will find reasons to praise God through the 'junk' of this world. May they focus on Him instead of the things they are facing. The more we are thankful the more we will have a good attitude. When we focus on God, we realize this is all temporary. I love a song Crowder sings called "Thanks Giver"...

You make joy out of simple and ordinary things
You fill life up with stories I'd never think to dream
So this holiday
I wanna praise
The One who's making a saint
Out of this sinner
The One who's turned me into this thanks giver

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! I don't know what the day holds but I know You do and that is all that matters. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your peace over many going through 'tough' days. I especially pray for those who are lonely to see You through someone You put in their path. May all remember the promise of Deuteronomy 31:8 that You are always with us. I pray Your strength for: My Momma; my sisters Linda with the death of a sister-in-law, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Jack; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; Cyndi; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; my friend with pancreatic cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele who starts treatment this week for breast cancer; and a young lady awaiting cancer testing. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam, Baby Henry, Kaye, Darryle and his family, Pastor Jason and Pastor Mike. I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. Lord, once again I pray today will be the day the MS tingling dissipates. Thank You for being My Promise Keeper! Amen.

No comments: