Friday, November 4, 2022

Proverbs 31 - "Thank You Lord"

I am so grateful for my Momma. Yesterday when the tears were falling from frustration with MS tingling she was there to talk. Seven hundred miles between us does not stop us from having such conversations. I am grateful for today's technology that keeps us connected. I remember when I was growing up there would be an argument each month when the phone bill came. My Daddy would throw a fit over how much it was because of all the phone calls to West Virginia. I am grateful phone calls are no longer charged by the minute. I also remember when we first moved from Orrville to Willard how long distance calls were 'free' between certain hours. I think it was calls made between 7PM to 7AM to other Verizon customers did not use up your minutes. Thankfully, I can call my Momma and she can call me anytime we want without worrying about such things. When I apologized for falling apart yesterday, her response was 'that's what Momma's are for.' I am so blessed by her and so wish I were with her to make her 'tough' days easier. My heart breaks for her as she deals with these days. She has been through so much in her ninety-one plus years and has stayed strong in her faith no matter what. I jokingly tell her when I grow up I want to be like her but it really is not a joke. She is a good example to live by. I think often about how I hope my children can say the same thing about me. As I read through the Proverbs 31 Scripture this morning I thought about how these attributes fit my Momma. 

  • High moral values (vs 10)
  • Trustworthy (vs 11)
  • Manages money well (vs 11)
  • Takes care of her household (vs 13-15)
  • Strong (vs 17)
  • Realizes her value (vs 18)
  • Works hard (vs 18-19)
  • Loves others (vs 20)
  • Is prepared for the future (vs 21)
  • Looks her best (vs 22)
  • Influences the man in her life well (vs 23)
  • Uses her God-given talents (vs 24)
  • Controls her tongue (vs 26)
  • Manages her time well (vs 27)
  • Fears the Lord (vs 28-30)
My Momma shows me how to live as a Proverb 31 woman and does it well. She is the example I need to keep in the forefront of my mind. I am so grateful for her. This morning I am reminded once again of the song "Thank You" that Chris Tomlin sings...

For my mama, for my friends
For Your love that never ends
For the songs that make us dance
On this ol' dirt floor
For my babies, for my girl
For the way they changed my world
Waking up today
Yeah, I just gotta say
Thank You Lord
Yeah, I just wanna say
Thank You Lord (oh, now)

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for my Momma who is a great example of a Proverbs 31 woman. Thank You for continuing to give Marion strength as she deals with his horrific pain! Thank You for me being allowed to be with her for bingo yesterday! Thank You for another day of life ahead and the migraine being gone! I continue to pray for the tingling to subside. Empower me over the stresses of life I have before me. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray Your peace over not only myself but many others. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Cyndi; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; my friend with pancreatic cancer; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Becky, and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Donna and Pastor Tommy and Pam. I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. I continue to pray for healing for Baby Henry and Darryle and strength for their families. Thank You for being My Lord! Amen.

No comments: