Sunday, November 20, 2022

Proverbs 27:19; Colossians 3:12-14; II Timothy 1:7; Ecclesiastes 3; Philippians 4:8 - "I Will Be"

Today I am thankful for times of reflection. Yesterday as I saw the reflection on the pond I asked myself how well do I reflect Christ? Does He reflect through the way I love on others? Do I reflect His compassion in my actions and words? I thought of Paul's words in Colossians 3:12-14 that I preached on a few weeks ago. It reads in the NIV: Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love,which binds them all together in perfect unity. I strive to live each day in this manner but I know I fall short at times in my humanness. The more I strive to reflect God the more it will happen. I am thankful He gives us another chance when we fail to do as He desires and I am thankful He gives us time to reflect upon life. I find my best time of reflection to happen out in nature. When I see the beauty of His creation, I am drawn closer to Him. When I see things such as the reflection in the pond, He takes my thoughts to Scripture. Seeing the row boat reminded me of the day I encountered a mouse in it and immediately II Timothy 1:7 came to my mind. Seeing some leaves changing color reminded me of Ecclesiastes 3 with seasons. Hearing the birds singing reminded me He takes care of all His creation as Matthew 10 speaks of the sparrows. Proverbs 27:19 speaks of what is in our heart will reflect out of us. This reminds me of the 'junk-in/junk-out' Scripture I taught on with my Willard teens. Philippians 4:8 reads in the NIV: Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. The more I put 'good' things into my life the more they will reflect from me. Natalie Grant sings s song called "I Will Be" that encourages me greatly.

I will be a candle in the darkness
I will be the hand of heaven above
I will be a mirror that reflects your endless love

Dear Jesus, Thank You for a time of reflection yesterday that blessed me in abundance! Thank You for being an Example to me as You reflect our Heavenly Father! Thank You for Your Word that comes to my mind so often! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray for You to ooze out of me in a mighty way today. I pray for the sermon You gave me to be received in the way You so desire. I pray the same for all pastors who preach today. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult times. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; Cyndi; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; my friend with pancreatic cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; and a young lady awaiting cancer testing. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam, Baby Henry, and Kaye. I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. I continue to pray for healing and strength for Darryle and his family. I pray for emotional healing for a couple contemplating divorce. I pray Your healing touch to come down upon Pastor Jason and Pastor Mike who both had emergency appendectomy's. Lord, once again I pray today will be the day the MS tingling dissipates. Thank You for being My Example! Amen.

No comments: