Monday, November 7, 2022

Psalm 68:4-6 - "Good, Good Father"


Today I am grateful for people who include me in family gatherings. It is hard to be seven hundred plus miles away from family but days like yesterday make it a bit easier. Throwing the football in the backyard with Nick brought back memories of playing with my boys and my grand babies. I love when I ask what I can bring to such an occasion and being allowed to do so. It makes me feel like I am more a part of the family. I also love seeing families talking, laughing, and doing life together. God gives us our biological families but He also gives us other people who allow us into their family. Yesterday as I sat listening to the chatter happening I thought of how blessed I am by many. I was reminded of how the Carrington's took me into their home and cared for me the week after I was discharged from the hospital from my fall and not allowed to go home alone.  As we ate oysters last night I thought about how I was included in Kayla's birthday party where I had my first experience eating oysters. God is so good to provide what I need every day. Yesterday having Clay pray for me at the altar was such a blessing. Once again, my church family loves on me well. Seeing the fellowship over lunch was such a blessing and once again I can say God is so good to me. I am reminded this morning of the words to a song Chris Tomlin sings called "Good, Good Father"...

You're a Good, Good Father
It's who you are, it's who you are, it's who you are
And I'm loved by you
It's who I am, it's who I am, it's who I am

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for Clay praying over me at the altar and for celebrating Debbie last night! Thank You for being such a "Good, Good Father" every day of my life! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a mighty way. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Cyndi; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; my friend with pancreatic cancer; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Becky, and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Donna and Pastor Tommy and Pam. I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. I continue to pray for healing for Baby Henry and Darryle and strength for their families. I pray for emotional healing for a couple contemplating getting divorced. Thank You for being My Good Father! Amen.

No comments: