Saturday, November 19, 2022

Isaiah 40:8 - "Man of Your Word"

Today I am grateful for sunshine in the midst of cloudy days. When the sunshine breaks through, I am reminded God is shining down upon me. Dark and cloudy days play havoc on our emotions. They can put us in a crabby mood so easily. We must remember we cannot have all days of sunshine but must have some 'down' days in the mix. We cannot be on the mountaintop in life all time but need to spend some time in the valleys. God can and will stretch our faith in such times. He stays with us in the valleys so we can enjoy the mountaintop experiences even more. The other day when I took this picture the sun was not shining but the Son was shining down upon me. He blesses me every day with the beauty of the creation I live in. The flowers blooming three hundred and sixty five days a year is such a blessing to me. I continue to be in awe of the climate here in South Carolina. Yesterday even though it was 'chilly' for here it still did not even begin to come close to what I would be experiencing in Ohio. I need to quit complaining about wearing socks, shoes, and jackets. I do believe this is the coldest it has been in November here but I still live in a beautiful place and need to be thankful. When I walk outside, I am surrounded by the beauty of His creation. He speaks to me through such beauty and I am blessed. I read a quote from Martin Luther that speaks volumes to me. “God writes the gospel not in the Bible alone, but on trees and flowers and clouds and stars.” When I look around at God's creation, I see His handiwork and am in awe. I am grateful for every sunrise, sunset, blooming flower, wave in the ocean, etc. that I get to experience. I am grateful for sunshine but especially for the Son who shines down on me. I am grateful for the promises found in His Word. I love the promise of Isaiah 40:8 that His Word will be forever. Every word written in the Bible is the truth because it was God inspired. There are times when the Scripture may get twisted but God's intent for it in our life remains the same. I am reminded of a song called "Man of Your Word"...

If You said it, we believe it, hey, yeah-yeah
If You said it, we believe it
'Cause You're a man of Your word

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for our gathering with the ladies to celebrate Debbie's birthday! I am so blessed by each of them. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You shine brightly through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. I pray Your peace over many in the valleys of life. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; Cyndi; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; my friend with pancreatic cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; and a young lady awaiting cancer testing. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam, Betty, Baby Henry, and Kaye. I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. I continue to pray for healing and strength for Darryle and his family. I pray for emotional healing for a couple contemplating divorce. Lord, once again I pray today will be the day the MS tingling dissipates. Thank You for being My Promise Writer! Amen.

No comments: