Friday, November 11, 2022

Proverbs 27:9 - "Friend For Life"

This morning i am thankful for laughter with friends. Yesterday afternoon Marion and I enjoyed laughing as we played bingo with her friends. I love to see her smile and enjoy life in the midst of the pain she is enduring. Some days are hard with her dementia with repeating things over again to her questions but I am so thankful for her friendship. Last night gathering with friends for a Friendsgiving Dinner was full of laughter. We talked, ate a wonderful dinner, danced, sang along with the oldies, and most of all laughed. When Laurie began the Women Helping Women group, I found my place there. I have met so many ladies who I can truly call my friends. I meet new ones all the time since we all can't make every meeting. Thursday nights have become one of my favorite times of the week. I am thankful for the Bible study I participated in under Sue Gresham, the fun craft time I helped with last spring, the accomplishment of some of the ladies helping pack Samaritan's Purse shoeboxes, etc. I know if I have an issue any of these ladies would be right there for me. What a blessing they are to me! I gave each one a 'I am thankful for you!' leaf cut-out last night. There were a couple that I met for the first time last night but I am still thankful for them because they are part of this group. The Scripture I put on the cut-out speaks volumes to me. Proverbs 27:9 reads in The Passion TranslationSweet friendships  refresh the soul and awaken our hearts with joy, for good friends are like the anointing oil that yields the fragrant incense of God’s presence. Matthew Henry writes of this verse: 

A good reason given why we should thus value true friendship and be choice of it. Because of the pleasure of it. There is a great deal of sweetness in conversing and consulting with a cordial friend. It is like ointment and perfume, which are very grateful to the smell, and exhilarate the spirits. It rejoices the heart; the burden of care is made lighter by unbosoming ourselves to our friend, and it is a great satisfaction to us to have his sentiments concerning our affairs. 


I value all of my friends. Time spent together is precious to me. I shared with a friend yesterday about how much I appreciate them listening to me. I know they probably get tired of hearing about my life yet they never turn me away. I also shared how much I appreciate their guidance when I need direction. God is so good to put people in our life that we need so much. I pray I will be a good friend to all in my tribe. I want to be the friend described in a song Margaret Becker sings called "Friend For Life"...


I want to be the one to tell you, to tell it like it is
To let you know the God of love will never leave your side
I want to be the one to lead you with everything I am
And see the day when you let Him in and make a friend for life


Dear Jesus,

Thank You for a fun night last night with friends! Thank You for Laurie who started the Women Helping Women group, for all the ladies who I have met through it, and for MaryBeth hosting last night's event! Thank You for laughter and fellowship! I pray for each one who was there last night to have a smile on their face today as they think about it. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; my friend with pancreatic cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; and a young lady awaiting cancer testing. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam, and Betty. I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. I continue to pray for healing and strength for Darryle and his family. I pray for emotional healing for a couple contemplating getting divorced. Thank You for Baby Henry and Cyndi being discharged from the hospital! Lord, may today be the day when the MS tingling dissipates. Thank You for being My Friend Provider! Amen.


No comments: