Saturday, November 26, 2022

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8; Philippians 4:11-12 - "I Will Be Here"

This morning I am thankful for seasons of life. Last year on this day was the last time I heard my Rickey's voice. When he called me to call EMS for him, I knew he was not thinking in his right mind. Hearing "I love you, Sheila Girl and always will" will be a treasure in my memory bank. The season God gave me with him was unexpected so soon after Doc's death. I am thankful for the healing that occurred during that time. I am thankful for the bonds made with Anna, Michael, and Matthew and their families. I am thankful for all the pictures taken when we were together whether it be in South Carolina, Ohio, or Nashville. Yesterday as I was picking up sticks and saw the beauty of changing leaves I thought about seasons of life. Sometimes we just have to look harder to find it but there is beauty to be found in all of them. The season I am in now is very rewarding as I strive to get physically healthier. I am doing things I never thought I would ever do. That encourages me to continue on the path I am on. Wesley writes of seasons:

A season - A certain time appointed by God for its being and continuance, which no human wit or providence can alter. And by virtue of this appointment of God, all vicissitudes which happen in the world, whether comforts or calamities, come to pass. Which is here added to prove the principal proposition, That all things below are vain, and happiness is not to be found in them, because of their great uncertainty, and mutability, and transitoriness, and because they are so much out of the reach and power of men, and wholly in the disposal of God. 

Comforts or calamities. Both will happen in life. The Apostle Paul wrote in Philippians 4:11-12 that we need to be content in our circumstances as they are at the present. We need to trust God in the mountaintop experiences along with the valleys. I was reading about how contentment is something to be developed in us. Paul's 'secret' to such a life comes in living 24/7 for God. Trusting God is key through every season of life. We need to realize we do not have to know the outcome but instead need to trust that He does. No matter what season we find ourselves in God is not surprised. That knowledge brings comfort to me. I am reminded this morning of a song Steven Curtis Chapman wrote for his wife called "I Will Be Here"...

And just as sure as seasons are made for change
Our lifetime's are made for years
So, I I will be here we'll be together

He wrote this song during a valley in life with his parents divorce. This morning I am praying for several couples in the middle of divorce or contemplating divorce to realize God's plan for their life. I am praying for the children involved in these situations to be protected from the hurt around them. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the season I had with my Rickey! Thank You for the memories! Thank You for the season I am in now and the way You continue to use me to love on others! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a mighty way. In Ecclesiastes 3:8 it speaks of a time for peace. That is exactly what I am praying for many going through a season of tough days. My Momma; my sisters Linda with the death of a sister-in-law, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Jack; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; my friend with pancreatic cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; and a young lady awaiting cancer testing. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam, Baby Henry, Kaye, Darryle and his family, Pastor Jason and Pastor Mike. I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. Lord, once again I pray today will be the day the MS tingling dissipates. Thank You for being My Season Maker! Amen.

No comments: