Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Isaiah 54 - "Hills and Valleys"

Today I am thankful for a good report at the dermatologist yesterday. I am thankful for the way God gives medical personnel wisdom and compassion. After the fact of there not being anything wrong I kicked myself for spending the money to go to the doctor. But at least I have peace of mind there is nothing to worry about with it. I am thankful for that knowledge. God is so good. I am reminded He is good on the 'good' days and He is good on the 'tough' days. He is good on the mountaintop and He is good in the valley. His love is with us 24/7. We need to show Him our love at all time. I was reading in Isaiah 54 about how God loves us through 'tough' days. He is there to pour His love, mercy, and grace down upon us without leaving us. His love is unconditional. The book of Isaiah is full of despair with how the people rebelled against God but it is also full of promises of God's compassion for all. Matthew Henry wrote of Isaiah 54: Mountains have been shaken and removed, but the promises of God never were broken by any event. Praise His Holy Name for this knowledge. God's promises are just that. Promises. He never breaks His promises. That is another reason to praise Him. When we fall short of what He desires of us, He is ready to love us back. When we miss an opportunity He puts before us, He is ready to give us more opportunities. Nothing surprises God. He already knows the outcome of the day ahead. I am reminded this morning of a song "Hills and Valleys" Tauren Wells sings.

No matter what I have, Your grace is enough
No matter where I am, I'm standing in Your love
On the mountains, I will bow my life
To the One who set me there
In the valley, I will lift my eyes
To the One who sees me there

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the favorable dermatologist appointment yesterday! Thank You for yummy comfort food from Debbie and flowers from Brooklyn! Thank You for friends who checked on me and loved on me with Your love! Thank You for another day of life ahead! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. Lord, there are many going through some 'valleys' in life. May Your peace come down upon them in a mighty way. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; Cyndi; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; my friend with pancreatic cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; and a young lady awaiting cancer testing. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam, Betty, and Baby Henry. I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. I continue to pray for healing and strength for Darryle and his family. I pray for emotional healing for a couple contemplating divorce. Lord, once again I pray today will be the day the MS tingling dissipates. Thank You for being My Promise Keeper! Amen.

No comments: