Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Jeremiah 29:11-13 - "I Know You Know"

Today I am thankful for my church board who encourage me greatly. Last night's review with Pastor Sam was filled with words of affirmation from all. I was so blessed to hear them speak words of life over me. I am blessed by their faithfulness to our church and to God. They have been through some pretty tough days over the years yet have not given up. For that I am thankful. If they would have given up, the Beaufort Church of the Nazarene would not be in existence today. I am thankful for the leadership of Pastor Sam and for the tireless hours he puts into furthering the Kingdom here in South Carolina. I am thankful for the knowledge I am exactly where God wants me to be. Many thought I would return to Ohio when Doc died. There was never a doubt I was to stay here to continue what God called us to do. Praise His Holy Name! I will admit there were times after he died and I was trying to get us into the church building I wanted to quit. There were days of frustration with not knowing what I was doing but God was always there to carry me through. For that I am grateful. I am reminded this morning once again of Jeremiah 29:11-13 and blessed to know God knows what lies ahead. He knows the obstacles that will come my way and He knows the blessings that will be showered upon me. Woo hoo! Life is full of choices, The decisions made in life need to be God decisions. He needs to be our focus on so we will know what He desires of us. We do not always make the 'right' decisions but His love, mercy, and grace are always there no matter what. I enjoy this Scripture in the VOICE because of the word picture it gives. We are to look for God intently to find Him. Intentional action is crucial in all we do but especially in seeking God. The more intentional we are in life to walk in obedience to Him the more we will realize the desires of His heart. Matthew Henry wrote of this passage:

We often do not know our own minds, but the Lord is never at an uncertainty. We are sometimes ready to fear that God's designs are all against us; but as to his own people, even that which seems evil, is for good. He will give them, not the expectations of their fears, or the expectations of their fancies, but the expectations of their faith; the end he has promised, which will be the best for them. 

God knows what is best for us. I love the words expectations of their faith. What do I expect from God? Does my faith take me to places of the unknown? Is God with me 24/7 to stretch my faith? As I reflect on this passage again I am once again blessed in abundance in the knowledge I do not have to know what is ahead. All I have to do is trust Him in the process. This morning I am reminded of the words to a song called "I Know You Know" and am blessed with this knowledge.

I know You know
Just what I need
I know You have a plan for me
And I won't worry what the future holds
'Cause I know You know

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the words of affirmation spoken over me by Pastor Sam and the church board last night! Thank You for bringing us to Beaufort six plus years ago and keeping me here for the future! Thank You for the reminders of Jeremiah 29:11-13 You have recently kept before me! Thank You for my time with Chrissy yesterday! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You so You can use me as You desire. The day ahead is full but I do not want to miss anything You have for me. May I stay focused on You at all time. I pray for my Momma to feel Your strength. Many times I wish I could wave a magic wand to take care of people's problems but I know that is not reality. I pray Your peace over many going through 'tough' days. My sisters Linda with the death of a sister-in-law, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Jack; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; my friend with pancreatic cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; and a young lady awaiting cancer testing. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam, Baby Henry, Kaye, and Darryle and his family. I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. Lord, once again I pray today will be the day the MS tingling dissipates. Thank You for being My Heavenly Father! Amen.

No comments: