Wednesday, November 9, 2022

II Timothy 1:7 - "See Me Through It"

Today I am grateful for God's peace in the midst of the trials of life. I am grateful for my neighbor Chris who is there to guide me as another tropical storm/hurricane is happening. I am grateful for the knowledge this storm is no surprise to God. He already knows the outcome and for that I am grateful. When I received a phone call last night from Darrell and was praying for his Momma Cyndi, I prayed for her to not be fearful of whatever lies ahead with her health. All believers need to adhere to not being fearful. In our humanness it is a normal reaction to stressful situations but we need to instead lean into God's wisdom and strength and allow Him to be Who He desires to be in our life. The Apostle Paul encouraged Timothy to do just this in II Timothy 1. No matter what Timothy was going through God was there to see him through it. He was there to empower him to stand up against the enemy without fear. Nothing the enemy puts before us is greater than God's strength. A song Brandon Heath sings called "See Me Through It" is on my mind this morning...

I know You're gonna see me through it
If anybody can, You can do it
God, I know in the trial and the pain, fire and the rain
You're gonna see me through it
You're gonna see me through it
If anybody can, You can do it
And whenever my hope runs away, You save the day
You're gonna see me through it

Yes! He will see us through anything that comes before us. We must play a key part in the process by being in relationship with Him where we not only hear Him but have the desire to walk in obedience to Him. The desire of our heart should be to fulfill the desires He has for us. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the way Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for Your empowerment over fears and doubts! Thank You for another day of life ahead! I pray You will empower me to not miss any opportunity You put before me today. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You instead of me through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your peace over the MS tingling and for Your peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Cyndi; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; my friend with pancreatic cancer; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Becky, and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam, Betty, and Baby Henry. I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. I continue to pray for healing and strength for Darryle and his family. I pray for emotional healing for a couple contemplating getting divorced. Thank You for being My Empowerer! Amen.



1 comment:

Sandi said...

"All believers need to adhere to not being fearful." 💙 Amen.