Thursday, December 1, 2022

John 16:13 - "Goodness of God"


I am so grateful for the beauty of God's creation. When I am in it, I feel closer to Him. It seems like conversations with Him go deeper when I am outside. He speaks through the wind blowing the leaves, the waves in the ocean, the scent of the flowers, etc. I am one blessed lady to live in such a beautiful place. I told my Momma our trees look like Ohio trees in October right now. It is so hard to believe the calendar changed over to December today. Days are busy with holiday activities but I continue to pray I do not miss anything God has in store for me. This week I have experienced some pretty terrific times with the Holy Spirit speaking to me. The other day while talking with a friend the Holy Spirit confirmed some things to her through me. What a privilege to be a vessel for such activity. Yesterday in the middle of the afternoon He directed me to pray for some friends and then told me to tell them so I did. The response was overwhelming. They were on a call about his job and the corporate person had just ended the call with "I'm praying for you guys" at the same time I messaged them that I was praying for them. God knows what we need and provides. This encouraged my heart greatly and also encouraged them. It is a win-win situation when we listen and walk in obedience to Him. Both of these situations gave me the Holy Spirit goosebumps. I love how God works in and through me. I know I miss opportunities He puts before me but I strive to not. I strive to allow Him to mold me into who He desires me to be. The other day when I took this picture of the green bananas I thought about the process of their growth. They begin as small green bananas and grow into larger yellow fruit. If they are not consumed in a timely manner, they will become rotten. If they are not handled properly, they will become bruised. Even when bruised they are still good to eat. Even when they become rotten they are still usable to make bread, cakes, etc. I thought about how we are like bananas. We go through different stages of life and are usable by God in all stages. Some bananas are delicious while others are not as sweet. The same can be said about us. We may not always have the disposition God desires of us but He still loves us and desires to use us to further His Kingdom. Some days my attitude may not be where it needs to be due to circumstances I am dealing with yet God does not give up on me. I am so grateful for the way He loves me and gives me grace and mercy. I am grateful for the way He uses me whether in a 'good' state or showing some bruises. I am grateful for His voice that leads me and am grateful for the times I am in tune with Him to not only hear His voice but to walk in obedience to it. This morning I am reminded of the words of "Goodness of God" and feeling very blessed...

I love Your voice
You have led me through the fire
And in darkest night You are close like no other
I've known You as a Father
I've known You as a Friend
And I have lived in the goodness of God, yeah

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the way You spoke through something as simple as bananas! Thank You for the Holy Spirit goosebumps I have received through some interactions with friends over the last few days! Thank You for Andy who built the stable for the parade! Thank You for another day of life ahead! May I not miss anything You have for me. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma, my sisters Linda with the death of a sister-in-law, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Jack; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; my friend with pancreatic cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; and a young lady awaiting cancer testing. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam, Baby Henry, Kaye, and Darryle and his family. I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. I pray for Melinda and Todd with all they are going through. Lord, once again I pray today will be the day the MS tingling dissipates. Thank You for being My Goodness! Amen.

No comments: