Monday, November 14, 2022

Psalm 37 - "Ain't Nobody"


Today I am thankful for daydreams. When I was a little girl living on the farm, I would lay in the grass and watch the planes from the little airport a couple miles from the house. I thought about how cool it would be to fly and was determined to do so someday. I have never flown in one of the smaller airplanes but sure have flown in a lot of jets over the years. Another childhood daydream was I wanted six children. Three boys and three girls. I remember even having names picked out for them. Sometimes God grants our dreams in different ways than we can imagine. This daydream did come true just not in the typical sense. I have two biological boys and a step-son. Each of them have lovely ladies so I did receive my three boys and three girls. Another childhood daydream was to see the ocean. There was one time when I was in grade school I spent less than an hour at Myrtle Beach but that was it. I dreamt of being able to walk on the beach, pick up shells, swim in the ocean, etc. Last night walking on the beach I thought about how this is my normal life now. Wow, God! I was reminded of the words of David in Psalm 37. This Psalm tells us as we trust God and live in fellowship with Him we will live a life of blessings. That does not mean there will not be trying times ahead. It means the more we live for Him the more we will realize how to get through such times. Matthew Henry writes of this Psalm:

What is the desire of the heart of a good man? It is this, to know, and love, and serve God. Commit thy way unto the Lord; roll thy way upon the Lord, so the margin reads it. Cast thy burden upon the Lord, the burden of thy care. We must roll it off ourselves, not afflict and perplex ourselves with thoughts about future events, but refer them to God. By prayer spread thy case and all thy cares before the Lord, and trust in him. We must do our duty, and then leave the event with God. The promise is very sweet: He shall bring that to pass, whatever it is, which thou has committed to him.

There is a key tidbit in what Henry writes and that is when we are going through trying times we need to give such times to God and leave it with Him. We need to not continue to fret over things but instead allow God to bathe us in His peace. Sometimes that is easier said than done yet the more we put it into practice the easier it will be to accomplish. Verse thirty-nine in The Passion Translation reads: But the Lord will be the Savior of all who love him. Even in their time of trouble, God will live in them as strength. Praise His Holy Name for the promises found in God's Word! This morning I am reminded of a song Cody Carnes sings called "Ain't Nobody" and blessed with the knowledge that God's love is perfect. This song reminds me of yesterday's sermon about having freedom in Him.

Tell me who could give me this freedom
Tell me who could get me this far
Ain't nobody love me like Jesus
And I know, I know nobody could

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for the peace I had yesterday morning with all going on at church with people missing, technology issues, etc.! Thank You for the daydreams You have fulfilled over the years and the ones yet to be fulfilled! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You be heard/seen through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts in a mighty way. I pray Your strength over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; Cyndi; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; my friend with pancreatic cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; and a young lady awaiting cancer testing. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam, Betty, and Baby Henry. I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. I continue to pray for healing and strength for Darryle and his family. I pray for emotional healing for a couple contemplating getting divorced. Lord, once again I pray today will be the day the MS tingling dissipates. Thank You for being My Daydream Filler! Amen.

No comments: