Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Proverbs 17:17; Colossians 3:12-15 - "Thank You Lord"

 


I am so thankful for the friends God has put in my life over the years. I also am thankful for social media that keeps me connected with childhood friends, those that I now live hundreds of miles away from, etc. God blesses me in abundance through people who not only call themselves my friend but truly show their friendship to me. Yesterday as I was dealing with MS issues I was reminded of my true friends through phone calls and texts of those checking on me. I also was reminded yesterday about how my realm of friends has increased so much over these last few months. The more intentional I am in allowing God to open doors for me with people the more people I have in my little world. Woo hoo! My Momma and I talked last night about how my life has changed since Doc left this earth. There are some ways that are hard and others are a blessing. There are some things I deal with on a daily basis that take my faith deeper and for those I am grateful. I know I could not get through life without the friends God has given me. I was reading in Colossians 3:12-15 about how I can be a good friend. I need to ...clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Make allowance for each other’s faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others. Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds us all together in perfect harmony. And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful. Yes! I pray for God to use me to be the best friend I can be to all He puts before me. I pray I will have open ears to what is spoken to me and discernment for what He desires me to say to them. I pray I will shine brightly for Him into lives so they can experience what He has for them. Most of all I pray for His love to flow out of me in a way they will realize that love to a greater degree. I am reminded this morning of the song "Thank You Lord" and thankful for all the ways God blesses me through my friends.

For my mama, for my friends
For Your love that never ends
For the songs that make us dance
On this ol' dirt floor
For my babies, for my girl
For the way they changed my world
Waking up today
Yeah, I just gotta say
Thank You Lord
Yeah, I just wanna say
Thank You Lord (oh, now)

Dear Jesus, Thank You for friends who love on me well! Thank You for the privilege to be a friend to many! Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You shine brightly through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a mighty way. May Your peace come down upon many going through 'tough' days and may they have a friend make a difference in their life today. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Cyndi; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; my friend with pancreatic cancer; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Becky, and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Donna and Pastor Tommy and Pam. I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. I praise You for Baby Henry's heart surgery going well. May You continue to pour down healing upon him. I pray healing upon Darryle and strength for his family during these tough days. Thank You for being My Friend Provider! Amen.

No comments: