Monday, November 28, 2022

Isaiah 40:31 - "Child of Mine"

Today I am thankful for forty-two years ago when my Paul was born. At this time of the morning we were on the way to the hospital because my water broke. I was scheduled for a c-section the following Monday but ended up in an emergency situation that morning. I was told afterward they nearly lost both of us but obviously God had other plans. Paul was my 'perfect' baby. He ate every four hours like clockwork, slept twelve hours through the night at two weeks, etc. He was the easiest baby ever which was a great blessing for me as a young Momma. One of my most treasured memories is he never left the house without a hug and 'I love you, Mom.' I know life was not the easiest for Paul growing up with going through the divorce of his Dad and I but we worked together to make the best of the situation. Another 'tough' time in life was when I was diagnosed with MS. Even though it was hard to get through Paul learned responsibility in a way a lot of kids his age do not. I was thinking this morning about a quote I recently read. It went something like, 'The greatest gifts you can give your children are the roots of responsibility and the wings of independence.' I strived to teach the boys how to be the most responsible they could be. I also strived to teach them to be independent in their thinking and actions. I encouraged them to not follow the crowd but to do what God led them to do. I am so proud of the godly man, husband, and father Paul has become. I am proud of the way he seeks to live in God's will. My Daddy would be so proud of him. He has a lot of my Daddy's characteristics which warms my heart. His caring heart blesses me in abundance. We are told as parents to raise our children to 'leave the nest' which is not always easy to do. When they leave, it hurts but it also is such a blessing to see them be successful in life. You have to adjust as they go on to make their own life with their family. You learn to no longer have daily contact but you also know they love you and never forget what you instilled in them growing up. I praise God for this knowledge. This morning I am reminded of an old song by Carole King called "Child of Mine"...

You don't need direction, you know which way to go
And I don't want to hold you back, I just want to watch you grow
You're the one who taught me you don't have to look behind
Oh yes, sweet darling
So glad you are a child of mine

Isaiah 40:31 promises us when we trust God, we will soar on wings as eagles in His strength. I am praying this verse over my Paul today as he celebrates another year of life.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for another year of life for my Paul! Thank You for the godly man he is as he leads his family! Thank You for the blessing he is in my life! May You continue to bless him as he blesses You. Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for my church family! I pray for my two-year review with Pastor Sam and the board tonight. I also pray for continuation of our church body 'Moving Forward' in the path You put before us. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. Lord, there are so many hurting people in this world. May they find Your peace. My Momma; my sisters Linda with the death of a sister-in-law, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Jack; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; my friend with pancreatic cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; and a young lady awaiting cancer testing. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam, Baby Henry, Kaye, and Darryle and his family. I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. Lord, once again I pray today will be the day the MS tingling dissipates. Thank You for being My Heavenly Father! Amen.

No comments: