Tuesday, November 1, 2022

II Timothy 1:7 - "Goodness of God"

 

November is here and with it comes people's minds to turning to being thankful. I strive to be thankful daily but I know there are times I fall short. This morning I am thankful for MS. Living with a disease where you never know what is ahead is a challenge in many ways. Twenty-eight plus years ago when I was in bed, then the wheelchair, then using a walker to a cane, and finally back on my own was an experience that taught me to not fear but instead to lean into God's strength. Going through a time without clear vision for a few weeks was perhaps the greatest challenge of all with the MS. I was thinking the other day about how I would be missing out on the beauty of God's creation if that would have continued. I am thankful when I wake up, as today, with tingling all over my body God is with me. He is there to not just get me through the day but to be glorified through it. Sunday morning when it was necessary to take extra 'hippy hippy shake' pills He reminded me He is with me in such times. Yesterday as I was going through boxes I found a MS sweatshirt I forgot about. It is a play off of a Dr. Seuss line and says: "I do not like MS in my head...I do not like MS in my bed but thanking God I have nothing worse." Yes! I can relate to this saying so much! Even though it is a daily battle I am thankful it is not worse. I also am thankful it has not progressed more after all these years. I am thankful for verses such as II Timothy 1:7 that remind me God empowers me over anything in life including MS. God empowers me through His love and desires me to share that love with others. Matthew Henry writes of this verse: God has not given us the spirit of fear, but the spirit of power, of courage and resolution, to meet difficulties and dangers; the spirit of love to him, which will carry us through opposition. And the spirit of a sound mind, quietness of mind. The Holy Spirit is not the author of a timid or cowardly disposition, or of slavish fears. We are likely to bear afflictions well, when we have strength and power from God to enable us to bear them. God has been with me throughout my life for some pretty major events and has loved me through them all. The words to "Goodness of God" were on my heart throughout the night when I was awake. I am so thankful for Who He is in my life and strive to be who He desires me to be. 

I love Your voice
You have led me through the fire
And in darkest night You are close like no other
I've known You as a Father
I've known You as a Friend
And I have lived in the goodness of God, yeah

Dear Jesus: Thank You for Multiple Sclerosis that has taken my faith deeper every day! Thank You for the way You see me through days such as today with tingling all over my body! Thank You for going before me and being exactly what I need to not just get through this time but to glorify You through it! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You instead of me in the day ahead. I pray Your peace over many going through 'tough' days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Cyndi; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; my friend with pancreatic cancer; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Becky, and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Donna and Pastor Tommy and Pam. I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. Lord, be so close to Baby Henry's family with his heart surgery and to Darryle and his family during these tough days. Thank You for being My Empowerment! Amen.

No comments: