Saturday, November 5, 2022

Psalm 37:3-4 - "Goodness of God"

 


I am grateful for another day of life ahead especially because I know I have an 'extra' hour to get all the craziness accomplished on my schedule. I am grateful for the way God has been with me over these last twenty-eight plus years with all the ups and downs with MS. I am grateful for the ability to walk even though there have been days this week where my morning walks were shorter. I am grateful for friends who love on me well by checking on me and spending time with me. I am grateful for my day yesterday when God was with me every step of the way. When I left the house yesterday to go into town for my walk, I sensed God telling me to go to Wal-Mart to get what I needed for Veteran's Day. My plan was to go on my way home and I knew my walk would be shortened if I went before hand but I did not argue. The result was a conversation in the parking lot with a man whose wife had a double mastectomy and he beat bladder cancer. If I would have stayed on 'my' schedule, I would have missed that blessing. I also would have missed the opportunity to walk a short time with my friend Steven. His schedule was changed for a couple days so it was a treat to get to walk/talk with him. After my walk God blessed me with sitting and talking over coffee with my new friend Wanda. Praying with her blessed me in abundance. As I headed home I decided to stop at the Friends of the Library book sale at the waterfront. It was always one of Doc's favorite days of the year. I did not get many books but picked up a few gifts along with two books to read myself. One is about the use of 'foul language' and the other is about finding yourself single. I sat on the swing in the sunshine and read for close to an hour and once again thanked God fore  my day. I decided when I left to go home to stop and visit my friend Sierra and was once again blessed. On the way home I saw a garage sale sign and was blessed with some goodies I bought there. When I finally made it home, it was mid-afternoon and the sunshine was calling me to go for another walk. That walk was blessed with conversation with my friend Colette. Once again, I felt so blessed throughout the day. My evening was blessed with getting much accomplished and that always makes me feel good. At the end of the day I realized just how grateful I am for the people God puts in my life. I am grateful for His strength to get through these 'tough' days with MS tingling/shakies. I am grateful for the prayers of people who support me. I am grateful for Who He is in my life. The words of Psalm 37:3-4 remind me to trust God throughout all my days. When I do, He will direct me to be who He desires me to be. This Scripture does not mean He will make all my days happy with no issues. It means He will be with me no matter what happens in my days. The song "Goodness of God" is once again on my heart this morning...

I love You, Lord
Oh Your mercy never fails me
All my days, I've been held in Your hands
From the moment that I wake up
Until I lay my head
Oh, I will sing of the goodness of God
Cause all my life You have been faithful
And all my life You have been so, so good
With every breath that I am able
Oh, I will sing of the goodness of God

Dear Jesus, Thank You for all of the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Lord, there is a lot on today's schedule but I do not want anything to stop me from an opportunity You put before me. Cleanse me so You can fill me so I can be the woman You have called me to be. May You ooze out of my words, actions, thoughts, and attitude today in a mighty way. May You not allow the MS tingling to be a distraction but instead may You be glorified through me. I pray the same for many going through 'tough' days. May they find reason to praise You. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Cyndi; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; my friend with pancreatic cancer; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Becky, and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Donna and Pastor Tommy and Pam. I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. I continue to pray for healing for Baby Henry and Darryle and strength for their families. Thank You for being My Goodness! Amen.

2 comments:

Sandi said...

"I am grateful for friends who love on me well by checking on me and spending time with me."

This is truly a blessing.

My Strength said...

Amen, Sandi!