Monday, October 31, 2022

Ecclesiastes 3:2 - "Blessings"

 


Last night I fell asleep thinking about a tragic event in our family fifty years ago this weekend. It is one that changed our lives forever and was so sad. When my sister was murdered, it shook our world then and continues to have such an impact on all of us. When a loved one dies due to disease, old age, etc., we grieve. When a loved one dies at the hand of another, there is so many more emotions in the grieving process. I was only eleven years old when Naomi was killed  but that senseless act made me grow up fast. Last night I thought about how God knows when we will die yet as I thought about it I once again questioned the 'Why?' aspect of the situation. She was only twenty-one, her babies were one and three years old, she loved the Lord, and tried to do what was best for her and family. Why would God allow her to die? Why would He allow her to be taken away from her babies and family? Those are questions never to be answered. They go right up there with why do little ones like Judson, Ivy, Henry, and many others have to deal with such things as cancer and heart issues? Some things do not make sense to us but we must remember they make sense to God. He has a plan. He knows what is ahead. Often times I wonder in situations such as my sister's if God was protecting her from something ahead. He saved my Daddy that day from death because He knew my Momma was going to need him to raise the babies. His plans are always what are perfect even when we do not understand them. We do not know when our time on this earth will be done. As I passed an accident yesterday after church I prayed for the people in the multiple cars to be ok, the fire/EMS personnel to have God's wisdom, and the police to be safe as they directed traffic. Any of us could be gone due to an accident at any time. We could be gone due to tragic events such as my sister. We could be gone due to disease such as many family members. Our physical bodies will leave this earth at God's appointed time. We need to be ready for our time in our spiritual bodies. I am reminded this morning of a song Laura Story sings called "Blessings"...

'Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise

I prayed for sixteen months for Doc to be healed on this earth yet his healing came when he took his last breath on this earth. I will never understand that time in our lives yet I know God continues to give me what I need each and every day. I know my faith is stronger because of those sixteen months and the time since. I also know God is with me just as He has been my whole life. Praise His Holy Name!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for my church family loving on Pastor Cait and I so well every day but especially as they did yesterday! Thank You for loving me through 'tough' times such as my sister's senseless death fifty years ago! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You 
through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. Lord, my heart breaks for many going through difficult days. May they sense Your presence in their life. It seems like there are so many going through serious relationship issues and for them I pray for clarity and Your wisdom. I pray Your strength over: My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Cyndi; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; my friend with pancreatic cancer; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Becky, and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Donna and Pastor Tommy and Pam. I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. Lord, be so close to Baby Henry's family as they wait on his heart surgery and to Darryle and his family during these tough days. Thank You for being My Eternal Father! Amen.

No comments: