Saturday, July 31, 2021

Psalm 91:4 - "Hold Onto Me"

I had a hard time going to sleep last night and then was awake throughout the night. So much on my mind. I prayed and asked God to stop my thinking process so I could sleep. I asked Him for wisdom for decisions that need made. He is so, so good at providing exactly what I need. Throughout the night when I was awake and again this morning Lauren Daigle's song "Hold Onto Me" has been on my mind. This song reminds me no matter what season I am in life He is there holding me. Praise His Holy Name!

When I start to break in desperation
Underneath the weight of expectation
Hold on to me
Hold on to me

Hold on to me when it's too dark to see You
When I am sure I have reached the end
Hold on to me when I forget I need You
When I let go, hold me again

I could rest here in Your arms forever
'Cause I know nobody loves me better
Hold on to me

I do not know how people survive life without God. How do people get through 'tough' days without His strength? How do they get through 'good' days without realizing He is the Creator of such days? How do people make 'tough' decisions in life without His wisdom? I would be lost without my God. Literally and figuratively. I would be headed to hell if I did not walk with Him in my daily life. I pray for more people to get into relationship with Him so they will not go to hell when they leave this earth. I need to get better at sharing Him so more people can realize His love. All believers need to get better at sharing Him. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the opportunity to be with my Momma for a doctor appointment yesterday! Thank You for a fun date night with Rickey! Chinese buffet and a bit of window shopping. What a perfect date! Thank You for my walk yesterday morning in the beauty of Your creation and for Pam bringing me my peanut butter cream stick from Michael's! You spoil me through people so much! I'm so excited to see friends from Willard today! I couldn't believe Carol made me peach jam that I can take home since I'm driving and not flying. God, You are so good to me! Cleanse me so You can make be better at who You desire me to be. May You ooze out of my words, actions, thoughts, and attitude today in a mighty way. I pray Your loving arms be wrapped around many going through 'tough' days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Dan; Mandy and her family as they adjust to their 'new' life without their Momma; Gay and Doug; my classmate Jack; Chrissy; Gary Rupert; Little Ivy's family; Pottenger Family; and so many others. Thank You for Ben Simon going back to work today. I pray Your protection over him. Lord, be greater than the hurts of life. Thank You for being My Holder! Amen.

No comments: