Friday, July 2, 2021

I Peter 5:8-11 - "Keep On Hoping"

God woke me up with the words to Riley Clemmons song called Keep On Hoping. I've said it so many times that I do not understand how people get through life without the Hope of Christ. This week has been a 'tough' one where I have fallen apart a few times but God is always here for me. I am never alone.

Come on and keep on hoping when the days get dark
Keep on singing, don't you ever lose heart
Lift your eyes, the One who gave you life
Will give you strength to keep on going
So keep on hoping

I love filling my home and car with music that encourages me. I believe I heard this song multiple times yesterday as I was in the car a lot and when I wasn't in the car I had KLOVE on in the house. Music encourages me greatly. It fills my emotional tank to make life easier. I love when a song comes on that is exactly what I need to hear. God is so, so good. When life gets tough, it is easy to lose hope but we must remember hope comes from Him. Riley wrote about this song:

"I knew that I wanted to write a song about hope, specifically the hope that comes from God in what He promises. I wanted to write it as a reminder not only to myself but any listener. There’s a reason to keep looking up, keep the heart, and keep on singing on the hard days. There’s a promise that God has got you and I believe that’s true."

God is so wonderful in giving me hope in all situations that come my way. He is so wonderful in stretching my faith as I deal with such things as this week with the IRS, Momma's surgery and me being so far away from her, estate issues, Marion refusing to go to therapy, MS tingling, etc. He is greater than anything the enemy throws my way and for that I am grateful. I am grateful for the way He speaks and I strive to walk in obedience to His will. I am grateful for all the ways He shows me how to experience His hope. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for all the ways You love on me! Thank You for the hope I receive through You! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You be seen/heard through my words, actions, thoughts, and attitude throughout the day ahead. I pray for others to experience Your hope and peace. I pray for all going through 'tough' days to know You are with them. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben; Ben and Colleen; Debbie Dennis who had back surgery; my high school friend Jack recuperating from cancer surgery; another high school friend going through medical testing; Jack and Paula; Chrissy; Melanie; Carrie and Chris; the Risner Family; Owen and Karol; and many others. Thank You for my time with Dawn and her family! What a joy to spend time with people when they are visiting my little world. Thank You for the safety on the roads as I traveled many miles yesterday and for Rickey having a safe trip! Thank You for this time we have together as I show him more of my little world! Lord, be with many traveling over the holiday weekend. I pray for safety in travels, with fireworks, etc. and I pray for families who will gather together. Thank You that I won't be alone for this 'first' Fourth of July since Doc passed! Thank You for all the ways You bless me and give me hope! Thank You for being My Hope in the Midst of the Dark Days! Amen.

No comments: