Friday, July 23, 2021

Romans 15 - "Battle Belongs"

I woke up this morning to the words to a song Phil Wickham sings called "Battle Belongs" and was blessed in knowing how much truth is in these words.

When all I see is the battle
You see my victory
When all I see is the mountain
You see a mountain moved
And as I walk through the shadow
Your love surrounds me
There's nothing to fear now
For I am safe with You

So when I fight I'll fight on my knees
With my hands lifted high
Oh God the battle belongs to You
And every fear I lay at Your feet
I'll sing through the night
Oh God the battle belongs to You

God desires us to have victory over the enemy. He desires us to lean into Him for His wisdom and His strength. Sometimes when obstacles come before us they are from the enemy but sometimes God puts them before us to grow our faith. He gives us free will to make decisions. When we make such decisions for Him, He will bless us in abundance with His presence and His peace. This morning He also took me back to Romans 15. He had me read about how we are to live to bring others to Him. Verse two reads in The Passion TranslationOur goal must be to empower others to do what is right and good for them, and to bring them into spiritual maturity. This should be all believers goal in life. I love verse four. Whatever was written beforehand is meant to instruct us in how to live. The Scriptures impart to us encouragement and inspiration so that we can live in hope and endure all things. This goes along with the July sermon series on Psalm 119. It is so important that we are in His Word daily. The wisdom we gain from His Word is priceless. Verse five calls God the Source of Great Endurance and Comfort. That He is! Praise His Holy Name! I am so blessed with the way He loves on me! I am so grateful for the wisdom and direction He gives me. I see people struggling who do not depend upon Him and it makes me sad. A life with Him is not a bed of roses but it is so much easier when He is directing it. When life doesn't make sense, it is easier to continue on with His peace. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the opportunities You gave me yesterday to love with Your love and the ones ahead today! Thank You for Marion going to therapy fairly easily and having less pain! Thank You for Alison finally signing papers for her new home! Thank You for calls with Rickey that encourage me so much! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a mighty way. May people see/hear You instead of me. Father, I continue to pray for many going through tough days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Dan; Ben and Colleen; Dee with the loss of her sister; Sharon Sebolt; Melanie; Chrissy; Norma; Pastor Sam with his father's health; Gay and Doug; Little Ivy's family; a young man dealing with addiction and another young man in rehab for anger issues; Mandy Sampson and her family; Courtney Pottenger Family; Mary Lilley and Ross Lilley; Carrie and Chris Campbell; and so many others. Lord, be greater than the hurts of life. May You meet their physical, mental, emotional, financial, and most of all their spiritual needs. I pray the same for myself. Thank You Jesus for being My Source of Great Endurance and Comfort! Amen.


No comments: