Friday, July 16, 2021

Psalm 5:11 - "It Is Well"

What a blessed day God gave me yesterday! After my time with Him, I went to an appointment that was postponed. I decided to go to the waterfront for a little 'water therapy' and was not disappointed! I ended up with a little 'chocolate therapy' along with some 'retail therapy' and some 'talking therapy'! Woo hoo, God! I was blessed with meeting Cade and Lauren for dinner. The evening was filled with laughter and conversation. God is so, so good at providing me with exactly what I need. Talking with Rickey to finish out my day was the icing on the cake. The day was not all 'good' as I received news of a family member with blood clots and a friend diagnosed with cancer. No matter what happens in life I desire to stay focused on Him. I do not know how people get through life without Him. My heart breaks for my friend diagnosed yesterday with C. It breaks for the whole family to have to go through this. But I can testify that if they stay focused on Him, no matter what the outcome, they will be blessed through it. I know. I've been there. I've lived the horrible disease myself and with Doc. There will be days ahead that will seem never ending and too hard to handle. But we must always remember we are never alone. I am reminded this morning of a song Bethel sings called "It Is Well" as I pray for this family.

Far be it for me to not believe
Even when my eyes can't see
And this mountain that's in front of me
Will be thrown into the midst of the sea

Through it all, through it all
My eyes are on You
Through it all, through it all
It is well

I was in conversation with Chrissy yesterday about C. At my last oncologist appointment I was told the kind of breast cancer I had usually shows up again after ten years if it is going to return. My first oncologist never told me that so this was news to me. I was under the impression if I made it to five years, it would probably not return. When I was told this, I had a choice to make. I could live in fear or I could live in faith. I choose faith. No matter what happens in life God is with me. He will move the mountains as He desires. He will continue to be with me with whatever lies ahead. He will bless me as I bless Him. Yesterday was so full of blessings and for that I am grateful. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for Cade and Lauren making time to meet me! Thank You for the conversation and laughter we enjoyed! You are so, so good at providing exactly what I need. My morning at the waterfront started my day off in a perfect way! Spending time in Your creation is perfect for me! Thank You for the gift card Cait gave me and the dress I found to buy with it and for Glenda's call with words of encouragement for Monday! Thank You for conversation and laughter with Rickey that encourages me greatly even though we are seven hundred miles apart! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing. May You ooze out of my words, actions, thoughts, and attitude today in a mighty way. May people see/hear You instead of me. Thank You for Dan being released from the hospital! I pray healing in his body. I also pray for healing in: my Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Mary Lilley; Marion; and Little Ivy. I pray for many going through difficult days to feel Your presence. Melanie; a young man taken to rehab; another young man dealing with addiction; Gay and Doug; Jack and Paula; and so many others. I pray for Chrissy as she has surgery this morning and for the time of recuperation. Lord, be greater than the hurts of life. Be greater than diseases and illness. Lord, no matter where You take me today I pray I will bless You. I know You know the desires of my heart and I also know You will grant them in Your time and in Your will. Thank You Jesus for being My Focus! Amen.

No comments: