Sunday, July 11, 2021

Matthew 28:19-20 - "The River"

I woke up this morning thinking about the day ahead. It will be my first baptism service which is exciting. I pray those getting baptized woke up with excitement flowing through them too. The words to Jordan Feliz's song The River are going through my mind.

We're going down to the river
Down to the river, down to the river to pray
Let's get washed by the water
Washed by the water and rise up in amazing grace
Let's go down, down, down to the river (You will leave changed)
Let's go down, down, down to the river (Never the same)

God's love, mercy, and grace are wonderful to receive and can be had by all. He desires for all to love Him. I prayed last night, during the night, and again this morning for pastors to be in tune to the Holy Spirit so His words would be theirs today. I prayed for all pastors to have the desire in their heart to speak what He desires and not what their flesh desires. God desires all to share His love with everyone we meet. He has given the task to preach and teach to some and we need to do our best for Him. I do not want to ever let Him down but I know there will be times I do because I am a human. I strive every day to live as He desires and am blessed in the process. The life I strive to live is what gets me through every day. Last evening was a 'weepy' evening for some reason. After hearing the song "Blessings" on the radio it seemed like the tears came off and on all evening. I must remember tears are soothing and are part of the healing process. I also must remember God is always with me even when people disappoint. He has been reminding me lately about how disappointments are a part of life that I must work through with His love and empowerment.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for blessing me yesterday with some time at the beach with Sandy and ending my day with encouraging words from Rickey! Thank You for knowing what I need and providing! Lord, I am so excited for the day ahead. May I not do or say anything not of You. Cleanse me so You can flow from me in a mighty way. I pray for those getting baptized today to realize Your love in a greater way. Alex, Cait, Annabelle, Kayla, and Darrell. May today be life changing for each of them. Father, I pray for Your peace when life hurts. I pray You peace for so many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Melanie; Chris and Carrie; Jack and Paula; my school friend Jack and Debbie Dennis as they recuperate from surgery; Amy Guzman; Little Ivy's family; four friends going through career changes/issues; Pastor Brent as he recuperates from a car accident; Mary Lilley; Chrissy; and so many others. Thank You for being My Peace! Amen.

No comments: