Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Psalm 16:11 - "Thrive"


Wow, God! What an awesome day You gave me yesterday! Safe travels, getting through Charlotte and the VA tunnels without any problems, listening to the books of Ephesians and Philippians, meeting my on-line friend Angie, having dinner with my friend Libby…woo hoo! You are so good at blessing me. A highlight of the day was standing in the pulpit that ‘Uncle Buddy Robinson’ preached from in 1924! He inspires me to pray for God to give me strength to do what He has called me today. Many laugh at his daily prayer but for me it shows how we all need to live.

 

“Oh Lord, give me a backbone as big as a sawlog, ribs like the sleepers under the church floor, put iron shoes on me and galvanized breeches, give me a rhinoceros hide for a skin, and hang a wagonload of determination up in the gable-end of my soul, and help me to sign the contract to fight the devil as long as I’ve got a fist and bit him as long as I have a tooth, then gum him till I die. All this I ask for Christ’s sake. Amen.”

 

People affectionately called him ‘Uncle Buddy’ because he was loved by all. Many found the Lord through him. These two traits are ones I desire in my own life. I love to hear children who I babysit or are in the church call me ‘Granny Sheila’ because it is a term of endearment. I also love to reflect back on people’s lives who I feel like I made a difference in. A friend died this week after a battle with lung disease. We had many talks in person and then over the phone and computer after I moved from Ohio. I am so thankful I know where she went when she left this earth. It hurts my heart that she is gone but it warms my heart with the knowledge God used me in her life. That is what life is all about. Doing His will. I am so thankful to be where I am in life where I not only hear Him but I desire to walk in obedience to Him. I don’t want to just survive every day but I desire to thrive through them.

 

So, living water flowing through

God, we thirst for more of You

Fill our hearts and flood our souls with one desire

Just to know You and to make You known

We lift Your name on high

Shine like the sun, make darkness run and hide

We know we were made for so much more than ordinary lives

It’s time for us to more than just survive

We were made to thrive

 

Dear Jesus,

Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with safe travels, meeting Angie in person, seeing the beauty of Your creation here in her little world, having dinner with my friend Libby…the day was full of blessings! One of my greatest blessings is having Rickey in my life. Thank You for him and the way he blesses me! Lord, thank You for peace when my plans were changed! You are such a good, good Daddy! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You be my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a mighty way. I pray for continued safe travels, an open appointment to get my car fixed; and opportunities to love with Your love. I pray Your peace over many going through tough days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Melanie; Mary Lilley; Mandy Sampson and her family; Sharon Sebolt; Gary Rupert; Jack and Paula; Little Ivy’s family; a young man dealing with addiction and another young man in rehab for anger issues; Gay and Doug; Pottenger Family; and a lady with a fall; and many others. Thank You for the good doctor appointment for Chrissy yesterday! I pray continued healing over her. I pray Beth is feeling better now that she is back in California and I pray blessings over the Appalachia Work and Witness Team. Thank You Jesus for being My Living Water! Amen.


No comments: