Sunday, July 18, 2021

Psalm 49 - "Good God Almighty"

I woke up with Crowder's song "Good God Almighty" going through my mind. This song reminds me God is with me and desires to direct me through my time on this earth so I can spend eternity with Him. Crowder wrote of this song:

"During a season of desolation and wandering, I've been writing songs to remind me that we are headed somewhere beyond this - songs that remind me that it is the God of Abraham and Isaac, the God of Jacob, Moses and David, the God who promised a Savior and a way back to Him, it is He that we follow and He has not left us alone. On the other side of the desert is a land of covenant promise - where the blind see, the lame walk, the tears are dry, the lamb and the lion are like best buds and we see face-to-face the One who made us. In between captivity and promise, we need to be reminded."

Praise His Holy Name for the truth of what it takes to get to heaven. God never promised us a life with no turmoil but He did promise us a life of His peace in the turmoil. I am so thankful for His presence with me no matter what happens in life. He is with me in the 'good' days and He is with me in the 'tough' days. Woo hoo! This morning He took me to Psalm 49 to remind me of the promises of His Word. He took care of His people many years ago as He led them out of Egypt. He will take care of me no matter where He leads me in my journey of life. I do not have to fear the days ahead on this earth nor do I have to fear death. He is with me. His presence is comforting to me. He gives me exactly what I need when life throws me curve balls. He watches me to see how I will react to such times. Will I react to such times in His empowerment or allow the enemy an open door? Will I forget His promises or stand upon them? I love a statement made by Matthew Henry regarding this Scripture. The beauty of holiness is that alone which the grave cannot touch, or damage. Amen! As I strive to live a life of holiness, God is with me. He here encouraging me every step of the way. He is here loving on me so I can in turn love on others. Praise His Holy Nam for this truth!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for waking me with this song and Scripture that encourages me greatly to continue seeking a life of holiness! Thank You for loving me so greatly so I can love others with Your love! I prayed before going to bed, during the night, and again this morning for all pastors to walk in Your will as they preach today. I prayed not only for myself but all pastors to be in tune to You so if/when the Holy Spirit prompted them to change the direction of the sermon they would do so. Lord, empower us all to make a difference in people's lives. Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with me getting the shrubs trimmed, Chrissy getting home after surgery, a couple naps, card making, and more revelation for the next sermon series!  Thank You for bringing Rickey into my life! He is such an encouragement to me and I am so grateful for him. Woo hoo, God! You are so good to me! Father, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray for safety for everyone traveling to District Assembly and Your presence in every aspect of the time we have together as a district. I pray for Pastor Sam as he continues to lead us and for myself and the other ordinands as we experience tomorrow's service. Lord, once again I pray for many going through difficult days to feel Your peace and presence in their life. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Dan; Pete and Delores; Little Ivy; Melanie; Mary Lilley; Gay and Doug; Karen and Debbie; and so many others. Thank You for being My Good God Almighty! Amen.



No comments: