Saturday, July 17, 2021

Psalm 14 - "Good, Good Father"


Yesterday morning was one I will forever treasure. God and I were on a roll. He shared with me my next sermon series and I could not type fast enough. I am so excited to see where He takes this one and how He will change us through it. He is such a Good, Good Father! Yesterday afternoon was spent with Cait and the kids which was another blessing! Ending the day with Rickey over the phone was priceless. I have said it so many times that I do not know how people get through the 'tough' days of life without God but I also do not know how they get through the 'good' days without Him. I am so grateful for the way He loves and encourages me. I am thankful for the way He guides me through my days and protects me even when I do not realize it. He took me to Psalm 14 this morning. I read it in different versions and pondered upon it. The words to this Psalm are pretty plain and simple. It amazes me how it was written so long along yet still applies today. Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow so it is no surprise His Word is applicable at all time. There are many people in this world who refuse to believe in God or refuse to live a life for Him. That saddens my heart. It saddens my heart to see children being raised in homes where God is not embraced. Oh how I pray for more people to come into relationship with Him. I pray for more people to realize life with Him is so much better than without Him. The words to Chris Tomlin's song Good, Good Father are on my heart today.

Oh, and I've seen many searching for answers far and wide
But I know we're all searching
For answers only you provide
'Cause you know just what we need
Before we say a word

You're a Good, Good Father
It's who you are, it's who you are, it's who you are
And I'm loved by you
It's who I am, it's who I am, it's who I am

He desires to be our Father who loves on us every moment of the day. He desires to guide us and show us the way to do life in the best manner possible. I desire to do life with Him. I want Him to be proud of me.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings yesterday with the next sermon series, the afternoon with Cait and the kids, and for putting Rickey in my life! Thank You for Scripture and a song that speak so clearly! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You! May You be greater than anything my humanness wants to do today. May You shine brightly through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. Lord, I pray for more people to come into relationship with You. I pray for more people to desire You through me. I also pray for peace for many going through 'tough' days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Dan; Pete and Delores; Chrissy as she recuperates from surgery; Gay and Doug; Mary Lilley; Melanie; and so many others. I pray for the four friends with job issues/changes to rest in You as they wait for Your next step. I pray for peace for Karen and Debbie as they lost their Daddy. I praise You Ben Simon received the news he can return to work in a couple weeks and for Little Ivy being in remission. I pray for the day ahead to be one of God-filled moments where You will be realized by more people. I pray these especially for a young man in rehab, another young man dealing with addiction, and a woman with severe mental issues. Thank You for being My Good, Good Father! Amen.

No comments: